My band recently tuned down to Drop A, and I brought up the subject of seven string guitars and five string basses.
I have a budget of $500 dollars.
But if its smarter to spend more I can sell one of my six string for extra cash.
I was thinking either the iBanez RG7321 or the ESP Stephen Carpenter model.
But I would enjoy of suggestions
You take various sized pots and pans, 2 wooden spatulas, sit yourself down on the ground, arrange said pots and pans around you, put on some music, and become the best drummer your kitchen has ever seen.
the stephen carpenter model is like ~1200 and a 27" scale. Id get the ibanez and swap out the pickups, maybe do a little more modding to it

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Closest major city?
CL hunting is a must.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Closest major city?
CL hunting is a must.

What do you mean by this?
You take various sized pots and pans, 2 wooden spatulas, sit yourself down on the ground, arrange said pots and pans around you, put on some music, and become the best drummer your kitchen has ever seen.
Craigslist is a GREAT way to find deals on stuff.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Oh! I didn't realize what you meant by CS.
But I'm looking for a new guitar.
I've had some bad experiences with used gear..

the stephen carpenter model is like ~1200 and a 27" scale. Id get the ibanez and swap out the pickups, maybe do a little more modding to it

I meant the LTD CS-207.
It's $449 on Musicians Friend.

Which is better now? haha
Agile has some nice cheap 7 strings, sevenstrin.org is flooded by people who love em
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR