so im going to guitar center tomorrow
im i've made up my mind on which amp i want to get
im getting a b-52
the only things is should i get a at-112 or at-212
i noticed the 212 isnt on guitar centers website but my local one has one sitting in its store
so my question is which one should i get?
also i noticed the 212 has a bright switch i really like but i dont think the 112 has one. would i be able to do the same as a bright switch with an eq pedal?
people will have opinions. however this doesn't take into account YOU. I'd suggest just going in with your main axe, telling them you're going to buy one (also, pretend you have less money than you really do..) and sit down with each amp for a few hours.
Well they only have the 212 they have to order the 112 so i cant really play that amp but i hear from the salesman at gc that 212 has the same guts as 112
if you are definitely going to get one it's they should definitely be able to order it knowing there's a 50/50 chance it'll get taken off the floor that day.
Quote by Parr
Well they only have the 212 they have to order the 112 so i cant really play that amp but i hear from the salesman at gc that 212 has the same guts as 112

That's correct, it's still an AT, the numbers usually just mean the speaker configuration. For example, 112 means it has one 12 inch speaker and the 212 means it has two 12 inch speakers, other common configurations are 210 (two 10"s) and 410 (four 10"s), you get the idea.
It's worth noting that sometimes there may be minor differences in the features between models with different speaker configs, and of course, tonal differences.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Jul 24, 2009,
The 2x12 has more features and a nicer sound due to the increased cab space. However, it's also extremely heavy and pretty big. If you want portability I'd stay away from the 212. The 112 is already very heavy.
WTLTL 2011