I'm looking for a metronome. About time I hear you all mutter, and too right!

I play in a variety of key signatures so I want something where you can dial in some sort of accent or musical variety in the beats. Not like a sequencer or anything, just like..

BA ba ba ba ba ba ba

If it was musical sounding that would be great, but I'd just like something small, cost effective, variable tempo, variable time sig.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Sorry, I should have specified that I was looking for a hardware solution.

Thanks very much for the suggestions so far, the Korg MA30 I can get shipped to my door for AUD$25 (USD$20), and AUD$50 (USD$25) for the BOSS DR BEAT DB30.

http://www.korg.com/Product.aspx?pd=129
"The MA-30 is the latest offering from Korg’s innovative line of metronomes, with new features like volume control and sophisticated rhythms such as triplets and quadruplets with inner beats omitted."

http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/DB-30/
"Pick from a menu of nine rhythm types and 24 beat variations, including combinations of odd-time signatures and clave patterns for practicing Latin rhythms. Who says practice has to be painful? Put some extra spice and groove into your next practice session with the DB-30!"

So the BOSS definitely has what I'm looking for, slightly more expensive but $50 isn't a great deal. It seems the KORG, while including triplets (could be used as 3/4) would really assist me with playing in 5/4 or 7/8.

Maybe I'm being a princess and a single click noise would be enough in addition to me counting?
I did not like your post, so I deleted it for the good of the forum!

i accidentally posted this thread twice, i'm assuming you posted in the one i deleted..
Quote by squidlips
I did not like your post, so I deleted it for the good of the forum!

i accidentally posted this thread twice, i'm assuming you posted in the one i deleted..

Okay, even on this thread, three people said the same damn thing. WTF?! Big difference that made.

EDIT: Oops I didnt read the fine print my bad
I don't care whether you're messing with me or genuinely believed I had the ability to delete other members posts. Either way I'm laughing.
I have a Korg metronome... It has 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, I think it goes up to 7/4, I'll have to check. It has triplets, sixteenth notes, eighth notes, this thing where it like shuffles the notes, idk how to explain that one. Sounds like it would be perfect for you.
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jul 24, 2009,
If you could check and tell me the model number that'd be much appreciated. They don't have very good information on their website.
Boss TU-80 is good, extremely durable (I have dropped it hundreds of times) and it tunes your guitar as well
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by squidlips
I don't care whether you're messing with me or genuinely believed I had the ability to delete other members posts. Either way I'm laughing.

Well, dude, I won't lie to you, for a second there you had me...I realized only an hour later!!