i have a Fender Jazz bass and for years ive had chronic small problems since i bought it new..loose knobs, the bridge would break, strings keep falling off the nut, input would fail. Now i just noticed tyhat my bass has the worst FRET BUZZ EVER.

how much is a tuneup? i want to end this once and for all
depends where you go. a friend of mine went to nyc to get his done and paid 450 for it (usd). why not do it yourself? file down the frets, making note to make them all nice and level with each other. maybe even make the higher ones lower than the lower ones. so file those down, spend the money you were gonna spend on a tuneup on a new bridge and look over your bass and make sure everything is sittin nice and solid.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
well i fixed the bridge along time ago, with a badass bridge. is the fret buzz just from the fret not being filed? or does it have something to do with the neck shape. cuz it definately is not my playing.
naw naw its not your playing at all no worries. its the fret your pressing being lower than the fret before it. such as the 1st fret is lower than the 5th so when you press the first down the string hits the 5th too and buzzes. so! easy fix. find out which frets are buzzing, shave down all the frets before it. be careful though! dont lose focus and hack into the neck. just keep the file level, use 2 hands, guide it steady and stay focused! or be like me haha get pissed off after the 5th filling session and defret it all together. ive never looked back. but thats beside the point. file it down and eye ball the height of the frets every so often to make sure everything is looking good. i used a yard stick to find where frets were low. just use your common sense, patience, and a steady hand and im sure youll do fine.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
it could just be a truss rod adjustment. should cost no more than $50 most places. take it somewhere and tell them that if it need any expensive work to ask you before doing it. the odds you need frets filed are really low.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
What ever you do don't attempt to file the frets yourself it is a skilled job requiring hollow edged files ans a dressing stone, the neck also has to be straight at the time of the dressing so that a straight edge can be used to check the height of the frets.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn