Everytime I play something fast like legatto, alternate picking, or tapping on multiple strings i get really bad noise that doesn't make it sound clean. I don't know if its a part of one of my fret hand fingers being dragged across another string making it vibrate or if its just that im hitting other strings while moving to different strings making a pull off to cause the noise. It's really abnoxious and annoying I want to be able to get no noise like this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FEeK4lBnp4
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
can we hear an example of this bad fret noise compared to what you showed us?
Quote by J Mud
can we hear an example of this bad fret noise compared to what you showed us?

well sorry i don't have an example but its just the sound of an open string note being lightly played but it gets really annoying with my legatto and tapping. I just don't know how to get it as clean sounding as that unless the backing track covers it hahaha.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Well the example did sound like he'd recorded onto his computer, i don't think it was purely going into a mic. Don't forget that recorded sounds are usually always cleaned up digitally. Listen to Paul Gilberts lessons on youtube and he's not absolutely perfect with his muting.

However, if you're having a bad time you're playing wrong. Put your hand on your fretboard and cover the frets. If it's quiet you should be able to get a cleaner sound than you're getting. You're probably not muting properly. Slow it down and correct your muting technique and everything else will follow a lot easier.