ok, so i've got another problem with this whole frankenstrat project. i'm having a problem cutting out the stripes, such as: tape lumps on the side, placement and angling of the stripes, etc. i went here, http://www.stevebowden.net/ and i read step 5 and i thought it was the best way to make the stripes become as close as possible, well i was wrong. any help, tips, suggestions, instructions are welcome. thanks for your time.

P.S i'm very intense on making a REPLICA, so saying try your best isn't an option for me.
there are a couple tutorials on this paint job right here in UG. use the searchbar.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
is it a TRUE replica?

like, does it have a charvel, ash body? with a knot in it?
also charvel neck, maple?
PAF Gibson ES-335 pickup?
i sure hope you dont have any pots or have that neck pickup wired in...
what about the pickguard, is it made from a old record?

i dont like replica's, be original.
the only slight replica i would buy, would be the bc rich stealth, the chuck schuldiner one.
but that is just a normal guitar, with a X2n in it, so its not anything to overly crazy...

and what is so great about the paint job on the frankenstrat? i think it looks crap...

ohh and if the tape is doing weird shiz for you, it proberbly was for him.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
I don't get the '71 quarter thing. What's so special about it?
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
idk, i think it was used to move the trem so it fit/worked or somthing...
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by metal-matt
idk, i think it was used to move the trem so it fit/worked or somthing...

isn't that kinda over the edge extreme replicating? The quarter has to be the right year haha. That's almost comical.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by metal-matt
is it a TRUE replica?

like, does it have a charvel, ash body? with a knot in it?
also charvel neck, maple?
PAF Gibson ES-335 pickup?
i sure hope you dont have any pots or have that neck pickup wired in...
what about the pickguard, is it made from a old record?

i dont like replica's, be original.
the only slight replica i would buy, would be the bc rich stealth, the chuck schuldiner one.
but that is just a normal guitar, with a X2n in it, so its not anything to overly crazy...

and what is so great about the paint job on the frankenstrat? i think it looks crap...

ohh and if the tape is doing weird shiz for you, it proberbly was for him.

i bought a swamp ash body, the signature pickup, the pickguard is a black fender, i have the pot and the neck pickup and the selector for the middle and a maple neck. but all in all, this isn't answering my question.
Quote by TK1
there are a couple tutorials on this paint job right here in UG. use the searchbar.

thank you TK1, you're the only one who actually ANSWERED my question, and with a statement relating to this topic.
Quote by apak
isn't that kinda over the edge extreme replicating? The quarter has to be the right year haha. That's almost comical.

i think the frankenstrat is comical!
i mean, its funny how EVH didnt know how to wire it up, so the neck pickup, switch, and volume dont work, he didnt know how to wire them, lol.

but i think that there is to many frankenstrats out there... its all so sad... why cant people be original?
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Last edited by metal-matt at Jul 24, 2009,
could you wire up a guitar without looking up a diagram or looking at anything on the net?

And ts, Eddie doesn't have a signature pickup... If someone made one without the rights from eddie himself they would get sued big time
i could wire up a guitar without a diagram.... ive been messing with electrinics since i was a little kid...
well, atleast a guitar like the frankenstrat (2 pups, 1switch 1vol).
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
so with no previous experience you could just grab a humbucker, a single coil, a 5 way switch, a pot and wire it up?
Last edited by guitarcam123 at Jul 24, 2009,
yes, its what ive done, and what im going to do with a kit that should be here soon.
its easy, just wires..

edit.
the first time i did it, was with a bass, 3 pups, 2 vol, and a tone.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Last edited by metal-matt at Jul 24, 2009,
uhh... by just general electronics knowlage...
tho i dont think i could wire up a pedal without a diagram...
and if i dont know what to do with
something, i just test it, you-know, trial and error. works everytime.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Metal-Matt, GTFO.

I'm not one for retarded internet abbreviations, but there's nothing more suited to this thread right now, you've not helped.
Hell you made a post, and then carried on talking to yourself after a post someone else made about the topic you started o_O

To actually contribute, there are quite a few sites on this, there have been some replicas on UG, you could ask around, also try the Eddie Van Halen forum (not the Van Halen one, the EVH one) there's a whole section on replicas, with a whole sub-forum for the frankenstrat, good luck, it's actually so rare to see actual replicas of the Frankenstrat now that they ARE original

Oh and this "EVH signature pickup" assumably you're either talking about the 2 seymour duncans that you put toghether to make EVHs old sig? (if not there's also a tutorial on how to do this on the EVH forumm I think )
Quote by guitarcam123
could you wire up a guitar without looking up a diagram or looking at anything on the net?

And ts, Eddie doesn't have a signature pickup... If someone made one without the rights from eddie himself they would get sued big time

dude, look up evh at guitarcenter.com and you'll see a signature evh pick up. eddie finally endorsed it, seymour duncan wouldn't pull the same move twice by using his name without permission.