Page 1 of 3
As much as I hate to say it, you should search before posting. There have been countless threads on this sort of thing.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Reign In Blood
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Converge - When Forever Comes Crashing
No Warning - Ill Blood
Cro-Mags - Age of Quarrel
Ringworm - Justice Replaced by Revenge
Violation - Devoured

i'd say thats a fair list
Hatebreed-Rise of Brutality
and yea theres other threads about this but noone posts on them anymore so relaz
thats a crazy album doomsayer insane song which album would you put and def coverge is a good choice
Last edited by xKill_Em'_All at Jul 23, 2009,
Converge - No Heroes
Gojira - whatever, I guess the way of all flesh
Insect warfare - world extermination (more brutal?)
converge - jane doe.

thats it
Quote by handbanana
R.I.P. Shaun Hand from Metal Sucks. He leaked this album and now Jake Bannon is going to crush his skull
Any Deathcore cause 90% of it sounds the same but Deathcore is probably the heaviest **** I've heard. the only deathcore I listen to anymore is Suicide Silence and Thy Art is Murder... Job For A Cowboy is horrid in my opinion and same with Bring Me The Horizon (with the exception of their first EP) but I'm not open about liking deathcore because the "scene" culture downright pisses me off... but I detest... deathcore = heavy ****..... man I got offtopic!
Guitars:
ESP Kirk Hammet KH-2 (The real deal )
Gibson 1979 L.E. Explorer
Gibson SG Standard - FOR SALE
ESP LTD DJ-600 - FOR SALE
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 Kerry King Signature Half Stack
Marshall MG100HDFX Half Stack
Peavy VYPYR
Crate GFX-65
listen, if you think deathcore is the heaviest **** ever then download the whole list i posted and realize you dont need to tune down low and have slow ass chugs with brees to be considered heavy.
I wouldn't consider Converge as heavy as deathcore bands and the heaviness is drowned out by their horrib screamer. AND THEY DROP TUNE TOO?!?! And I love Hatebreed their heavy but not the heaviest
Guitars:
Amps:
Peavy VYPYR
Crate GFX-65
Quote by ESPearl
I wouldn't consider Converge as heavy as deathcore bands and the heaviness is drowned out by their horrib screamer. AND THEY DROP TUNE TOO?!?! And I love Hatebreed their heavy but not the heaviest

ite slayer is heavy as **** in a sick way though pantera heavy as **** to but in a phil anselmo will say he'll beat you 2 death and you'll believe theres different levels of heavy i perfer the beating you to death rather then raping midgets n small dogs
Quote by ESPearl

you aren't a real person to me
Dude I love all those bands but i think in reality their not that heavy, and Phil Anselmo will agree with me I'm sure he wouldn't want his guitar playing to sound like deathcore. Christ calm the hell down.
Guitars:
Amps:
Peavy VYPYR
Crate GFX-65
Quote by Z Standard
This is a bad thread.

+1

Flame war incoming. Lock now please? lol
Guitars:
Amps:
Peavy VYPYR
Crate GFX-65
Quote by ESPearl
Dude I love all those bands but i think in reality their not that heavy, and Phil Anselmo will agree with me I'm sure he wouldn't want his guitar playing to sound like deathcore. Christ calm the hell down.

Phil Anselmo was the vocalist for pantera not guitarist. Plus Hatebreed gets me mad hyped for evey football game
Last edited by xKill_Em'_All at Jul 24, 2009,
Quote by xKill_Em'_All
Phil Anselmo was the vocalist for pantera not guitarist. Plus Hatebreed gets me mad hyped for evey football game

Deathcore bands aren't the heaviest stuff around just because they drop tune and chug and use chromatics. And Jacob' s vocals add so much to the crushingness of converge.
Quote by ESPearl

Once you drop tune and start doing obnoxious as breakdowns, in MY opinion, it makes it watered down and not heavy anymore. It's just too easy. The bands I listed are actually heavy on their own without resorting to low tuning and stupid immature breakdowns.
When I think of Converge, I think "hard" rather than "heavy" to be honest. The music just hits you so much more in the face.
Quote by ESPearl

you obviously don't understand the definition of heavy and i almost punched my computer screen at every post you posted in this thread.

ever thought that heavyness could be achieved through melody? through grooves? i bet not. that where it comes from. not drop tuned low chugs.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by willingvictim
thanks btw, my dude

new Burdens is heavier. I wish I wasn't in my band so I could listen to it and not feel like a douche.

Can't wait to hear the new stuff.
Quote by willingvictim
thanks btw, my dude

new Burdens is heavier. I wish I wasn't in my band so I could listen to it and not feel like a douche.

dont worry dude i listen to my band all the time haha. it helps me improve things that im like meh about
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by willingvictim
thanks btw, my dude

If your own band is one of your favorite bands and you can enjoy the music you've created yourself, then you've created and accomplished something worthwhile. Listening to your own band and egotistically going "Yeah, we are the shit." would be different though. :P:

At least you're not cringing at your own creation. I've done that with some of the stories/reviews I've written. Less and less though nowadays, as I'm improving my craft and not just getting thoroughly repulsed by it. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration but I've gotten my point across, I hope.

And of course, I share saxaxe's sentiment, I want some new Burdens.

Also, I'm assuming xKill_'Em_All got banned for trolling. Any mod want to shed some light on this?
Page 1 of 3