so I've had my schecter c-1+ for about three years, always wanted to change the pickups but never got around to doing it. now my neck pickup is failing me, so I'm gonna replace both of them. I've been looking at some dimarzios but haven't made any decisions yet, any suggestions? I play a lot of alternative and grunge, and a little blues.
The C1+ has the DD SH102 set, which is a ghetto version of the Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB combo. So, get a real Jazz/JB set.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
What AMP do you have? ... Amp is 90% of your tone.... If you have a ****ty amp new pickups won't do a thing
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
haha new amp bro pickups wont help, they might change the sensitivity/responsivity a bit though.. Go SD JB/Jazz, That's a mahogany body you have there(probably).
Pickups don't fail - you have a wiring problem or a dodgy selector switch.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Pickups don't fail - you have a wiring problem or a dodgy selector switch.

This.
ok thanks. so the actual problem is that the neck pickup is usually really quiet or fades in and out, sometimes just wavy static. the bridge pickup works fine. what do I need to do?
Clean the selector switch, get hold of a can of Servisol contact cleaner.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com