ALRIGHT. I've purchased my ticket for Blink 182, Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, and Chester French. Not really into any of the bands except Blink. (I'm really hoping they'll play a ton of stuff from Buddha, Cheshire Cat, the older stuff.) But anyway what songs do I need to know for Weezer and Taking Back Sunday? I like Taking Back Sunday but I'm not really sure where to start in their catalog.

PLEASE DO NOT BITCH AT ME FOR GOING TO THIS CONCERT.

Listen to my covers here.

"Some even claim that I'm a terror, a dictator and they're right." - Lou Reed

AK-ROWDY
I'd show up with a Killers shirt on.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by musicjunkie207
ALRIGHT. I've purchased my ticket for Blink 182, Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, and Chester French. Not really into any of the bands except Blink. (I'm really hoping they'll play a ton of stuff from Buddha, Cheshire Cat, the older stuff.) But anyway what songs do I need to know for Weezer and Taking Back Sunday? I like Taking Back Sunday but I'm not really sure where to start in their catalog.

i'm sorry for your loss, i hope you get better soon. (btw not bitching, that was pitying)
My parents aren't letting me go to the concert because there like

"N0 l0l u r g01ng t0 ge7 h1gh l0l wtflmaoroflcopterhxcbbq!!11!!eleven!!1!20-9=11"
Yeah.
I'm just saying that Blink 182 is not what I would call "punk" and I wouldn't ever try to justify liking their music by saying it's "punk". Cause it's not. I just like it. So don't bitch........or pity.

AK-ROWDY
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I'd show up with a Killers shirt on.

Lol go with a Slayer shirt and a Killers Sweatshirt. And drive up in a beat up pickup truck listening to Lynyrd Skynrd with Aerosmith bumper stickers.

OnTopic: Um, Weezer. I would say Say It Ain't So, Buddy Holly, Island In The Sun, etc. Big stuff. TBS is probably gonna do a bunch of their newer stuff. I like old TBS better.

EDIT: What show are you going to? I'm going to the Chicago one. God but I have to see Fall Out Boy and Panic at The Disco. Ew. I like real Emo and Pop-Punk.
Last edited by BK202 at Jul 24, 2009,
TBS will probably play mostly stuff off of New Again, if you're lucky they'll play something from Tell All Your Friends (probably you're so last summer)...

Weezer, never seen them live so I dunno what to expect.
Halo TL-6 Telecaster
Fender MIM Sunburst Strat
Fender Tom Delonge Yellow Strat
Squier Strat
Crate GX-212
Digitech RP200

For Weezer, start with the blue album. Then Pinkerton, and then try the new red album. They will most likely play songs off of that.
Blink would be good but I really don't like Weezer or Taking Back Sunday and I've never even heard of the others.
saw taking back sunday recently and like you all i thought they would play mainly new stuff but they actually played a **** load of older songs
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
Weezer - Dope Nose, The Sweater Song, The Greatest Man That Ever Lived, Say it Ain't So, Pork and Beans.

The only TBS I've ever heard is Liar.
For all wondering I'm going to the Cleveland show. Pretty excited I don't have to sit through Fall Out Boy and/or Panic At The Disco.

AK-ROWDY
For Taking Back Sunday, listen to Louder Now. By far their best album.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by musicjunkie207

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37yhT_ndLfw
so how bout a song?
This shit is Pie.
Black Metal Pie.
It talks about winter.
Join if you like, or kindly leave.
Or else you die.

i like shooping
shoop da wooping
and chargin mah lazorz
not necessarily in that order
I'm seeing them in 13 days!, but unfortunately with panic at the disco and fall out boy, I'm jealous that you get to see them with Weezer. They aren't gonna play anything from Buddha or Cheshire Cat, except Carousel and MAYBE M+M's(I WANT THEM TO PLAY TIME. For Weezer, check out anything off The Blue Album, Pinkerton, The Green Album, Maldroit, and The Red Album.
Quote by HomelessDood

I think maybe you thought this would insult me but it just made my day. I've seen Motley Crue twice and metal will always be my first love. Really, thank you for posting.

AK-ROWDY
Weezer:

They have a chance of playing anything off of their first two albums except: The World Has Turned and Left Me Here (Rivers: "I don't think it will go over too well") and Only In Dreams (too long? they've done it before, though).

However, they might only play like 3 songs from each, most likely the singles. (Undone -- The Sweater Song, Buddy Holly, Say It Ain't so, El Scorcho, Getchoo. idr the other single for Pinkerton. But they play Across The Sea live a lot)

Green Album: Don't Let Go, Photograph
Maladroit: Dope Nose
Make Believe: This is Such a Pity/Beverly Hills
Red: Pork and Beans/Troublemaker
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Last edited by Sopheydood at Jul 24, 2009,
Quote by musicjunkie207
I think maybe you thought this would insult me but it just made my day. I've seen Motley Crue twice and metal will always be my first love. Really, thank you for posting.

nah dude i just happened to be listening to it at the time and there is as blink reference so i was like copy paste!
This shit is Pie.
Black Metal Pie.
It talks about winter.
Join if you like, or kindly leave.
Or else you die.

i like shooping
shoop da wooping
and chargin mah lazorz
not necessarily in that order
Quote by BK202
I loved that song, and I like emo. Seriously going to put it on my Ipod now.

I'm seriously about to cry right now. This is the best thing I've heard in months. "I was gonna **** her, but now I'm not." That guy even looks like Vince Neil.

AK-ROWDY
Quote by Zombee
I heard blink's concerts suck now.... I like weezer, too, though.

Really? Cause I heard that this is the first tour ever that they've actually rehearsed the songs hahaha

AK-ROWDY
Quote by musicjunkie207

Prepare for alot of Enema and Self titled.
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
Quote by israels_son
Prepare for alot of Enema and Self titled.

Ah ****. Cheshire Cat changed my life. Skating to my friends house singing M+Ms. Carousel when I hate my life. That record got me into The Descendents, Black Flag, The Stooges, Bouncing Souls. I love that record.

AK-ROWDY
all of those bands suck except for blink and weezer

i think there are only 4 good pop punk bands, green day, blink, sum41 and the offspring (all of them going downhill, specially green day)

weezer has a lot of famous songs, pork and beans, say it aint so, beverly hills, my name is jonas...
Quote by Night_Warrior
Go with a Sex-Pistols or Dead Kennedys T-Shirt...

I like Blink because they know they're not "punk". They would probably appreciate a Sex Pistols or Dead Kennedys shirt cause that's what they grew up on.

AK-ROWDY