so i bought a used amp a few weeks ago and i got a warranty with it.

today i go to practice, and the damn thing doesn't make any sound. this was no fault of my own or any one else. it wasn't hit or mistreated at all.

if i bring it back, will they just give me a new one, or do i get store credit, or how do they do it?

i figured this is the best place to put this because it's more about the warranty than amp trouble. i'm not looking for fixes. i have a show tuesday and i need an amp and can't waste time dicking around with things i don't really know about.

and will i need my receipt, or do they have it in the computers?
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Last edited by clay pots at Jul 24, 2009,
Quote by crzywhiteboy
cant you just read the warranty policies?
I second this. Hopefully you kept your receipt, otherwise you probably won't be able to get anything back at all. And if you do have your receipt, read the back of it.
i hate Guitar Center. They told me that my guitars warranty covered accidents,burglaries he said everything. It gets a loos input jack and I pay 25 bucks.There employess arent the greatest
Lifes a grave and I dig it!
Generally you get all of that stuff sorted before you buy. You are supposed to ask those questions before you give them money.

I get so sick of you guys whining about GC.

It is what it is, if you don't like it don't give them your business.

-edit

after reading the OP, you should be able to take it back.

GC has a 30 day return policy. If you have no damage on it they should take it back for a full refund.

Quote by Victor Escobar
i hate Guitar Center. They told me that my guitars warranty covered accidents,burglaries he said everything. It gets a loos input jack and I pay 25 bucks.There employess arent the greatest

$25 for a loose input jack????

I find this hard to believe. That shouldn't cost over $3-$5 for an input jack.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Last edited by yellowshirtguy at Jul 24, 2009,
Quote by clay pots

today i go to practice, and the damn thing doesn't make any sound. this was no fault of my own or any one else. it wasn't hit or mistreated at all.

but was it plugged in?...did you even turn it on?
This shit is Pie.
Black Metal Pie.
It talks about winter.
Join if you like, or kindly leave.
Or else you die.

i like shooping
shoop da wooping
and chargin mah lazorz
not necessarily in that order
Quote by HomelessDood
but was it plugged in?...did you even turn it on?

exactly how stupid do you think i am?

and they don't give you a warranty booklet or anything to look through. but yeah, i picked it up off layaway without a receipt so i should be able to take it back i guess.

thanks though, guys.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
It will be no problem. And they can look you up on the computer. They are usually really cool about it. You may want to call the store just to let them know you will be returning it and make sure they have the same amp in stock.
you can choose to fix it or get a check or store credit. I did this with a dean Vendetta that broke on the first day and got back the warraty to and bought a bass.