Page 1 of 4
Yeah, I want songs that will make me start sobbing uncontrollably.
I checked the first page with the search bar.. so yeah.
Thanks.
Sending a dummy to my God.

I'll post this in as many sad song threads as possible to try to get his name out there since he never got the attention he deserved, anything by Elliott Smith. R.I.P
"Epiphany" by Staind

I can't say I'm a huge Staind fan, but this song reduces me to tears
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by coryklok
The Landing Beacon- Buckethead

RIP MJ.

Beautifully sad sounding song....
Well What's your taste? And everyone's different, I have a friend who will cry to Under The Bridge, whereas I cry to Hold Me Down and The Conversation by Motion City Soundtrack. I cannot cry to Under The Bridge. So what's your taste and any recent sad events that have happened to you?

EDIT: 2 more for me: Talking Bird and Transatlanticism by Death Cab For Cutie, I'm weeping by the end from sadness.
Last edited by BK202 at Jul 24, 2009,
A Different Kind of Pain by Cold

edit: the one Ganoosh posted is a good one aswell

Next purchase: Peavey Vypyr 30 Combo Amp
Last edited by White-Trash Wil at Jul 24, 2009,
Oh jesus. The most unlikely songs make me sob like a child.

I Can't Make You Love Me - Bonnie Rait (I Think)
Everything - Buckcherry
Fields of Gold - Sting
Tiny Dancer - Elton John
Home Sweet Home - Motley Crue (I totally cried at their concert in front of everyone during the encore)

Listen to my covers here.

"Some even claim that I'm a terror, a dictator and they're right." - Lou Reed

AK-ROWDY
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

BRIGHT EYES!!! I love them, but I only cried for Landlocked Blues.

EDIT: And Even though It's kinda upbeat, Waste Of Paint makes me cry when I'm alone. It makes me feel like a waste.
Last edited by BK202 at Jul 24, 2009,
The songs in my profile will make you cry...

because they are so terrible
███████████████████████████

Pagan? Check it out
Hurt - NIN/ Johnny Cash
Space Dye Vest - Dream Theater
Ghosts 1 - NIN
Damnation (Album) - Opeth
(old, but) Mad World - Gary Jules
Quote by Ganoosh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rEkxKhCp40

Everyone else loses, because this is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard.

You need to listen to some different music then.
Last edited by that_1_dude24 at Jul 24, 2009,
Quote by BK202
Well What's your taste? And everyone's different, I have a friend who will cry to Under The Bridge, whereas I cry to Hold Me Down and The Conversation by Motion City Soundtrack. I cannot cry to Under The Bridge. So what's your taste and any recent sad events that have happened to you?

EDIT: 2 more for me: Talking Bird and Transatlanticism by Death Cab For Cutie, I'm weeping by the end from sadness.

I've got Talking Bird.. but I never really considered it horribly sad. I'll be listening to that tonight then! I dunno.. my whole inspiration for this thread was this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWD1vGy6SAA
No, I'm not an All-American Rejects fan, I only found it because of the You Cry You Lose thread. And now I've been listening to Kid A by Radiohead, which is pretty sad..

"How to Save A Life" - The Fray

The only song to ever bring me to tears.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by protest000
I've got Talking Bird.. but I never really considered it horribly sad. I'll be listening to that tonight then! I dunno.. my whole inspiration for this thread was this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWD1vGy6SAA
No, I'm not an All-American Rejects fan, I only found it because of the You Cry You Lose thread. And now I've been listening to Kid A by Radiohead, which is pretty sad..

Oh you've got to listen to Transatlanticism. Talking Bird (The Demo version on The Open Door EP) just blends perfectly and the end makes me cry.
interview at the ruins - circle takes the square

if it doesn't make you cry you will be subjected to extreme sensations of loneliness
Simple Man- Lynyrd Skynyrd

Music dosent make me cry. But this is a beautiful song and if you cry to music. I guess this will do it
Last edited by CreepingxDeth at Jul 24, 2009,
Anything by Journey. Each song reminds me of some chick I dated in High School, that probably dumped me at some point.

Come Sail Away by Styx. "I think of childhood friends and dreams we had... but somehow we missed out on that pot of gold." Too many dead friends. *sigh*

In This River: I wasn't a huge Dimebag fan but the video by Zakk is pretty sad imo.

Hurt. Cash: The original was okay. His version and the video... awesomely sad.

Hard Luck Woman - Kiss: I don't know why.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

i've never cried listening to a song but the one that hit me pretty hard was To Live is to Die by Metallica but u kind have to understand what the background of it is to get the powerful-ness of it
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by protest000

This made me sad, but I didn't cry until the shot of the younger brother playing with his sister, then her playing alone.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by bass-man9712
i've never cried listening to a song but the one that hit me pretty hard was To Live is to Die by Metallica but u kind have to understand what the background of it is to get the powerful-ness of it

YES that acoustic part in the middle was brilliant.

And youre sig is from my thread . Well that was the first time out of 40 he posted that joke...
Do You Realize?? - Flaming Lips

It's more of a happy kind of crying though.

On the other end of the spectrum, I'll frequently cry from overwhelming depression if I listen to OK Computer in its entirety for too long. Especially "Fitter, Happier".
Acoustic Version of Hey Ya, I find the lyrics to actually be very good. Makes me tear up if I'm in certain moods.

Winters by Joshua Radin. Good song, beautiful.

****, just go watch a sad Scrubs episode.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by bass-man9712

Hey man, i wanted to say that one

This makes me well up every time i hear it, real powerful stuff.
Quote by coryklok
The Landing Beacon- Buckethead

RIP MJ.

'tis a great piece.

I don't actually ever cry while listening to songs, but a song that never fails to give me shivers is Carolina Drama by The Raconteurs.

Just, the story, it's insanely good.
I can't believe no-one has said this one yet.

Tears in Heaven-Eric Clapton

Tears me up everytime I hear it.
No Name #1 by Elliott Smith.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
+1 for the landing beacon
also, wake up by mad season
Quote by bendystraw
This shit is seriously retarded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVP7N9_Q6hs
Twas part of the first album I bought. Never could i listen to it without getting teary
Quote by PlayMadness

Isn't it a little big-headed to name yourself "God," TS?

no.

Quote by Simsimius
I love you TS.

Quote by Ganoosh

Any thread with that title is sure to deliver, and this one...well...it did.
Quote by crazy8rgood
'tis a great piece.

I don't actually ever cry while listening to songs, but a song that never fails to give me shivers is Carolina Drama by The Raconteurs.

Just, the story, it's insanely good.

I fucking love you.

That's honestly the first time I've heard that song mentioned on this site.

Seriously.

Page 1 of 4