OK, so I have stripped the paint off an old fender squier strat, and I actually like the look of the stripped wood (alder). I am wondering if alder needs a grain filler, and what should I use to laquer it?
hey, just wondering, what is the build on it, i just stripped a squier myself, and it was just RED, yet, it was veneered underneith? totaly wtf...

im thinking of just sanding thru the veneer, because there isnt any over the arm rest/tummy bevel...

sorry if i jacked your thread..

but no i dont think it does need filler (last time i painted a alder it didnt) and im still working out what kinda laquer i need :/

but thats only cus i live in a small town and stuff is hard to get >__<
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by metal-matt
hey, just wondering, what is the build on it, i just stripped a squier myself, and it was just RED, yet, it was veneered underneith? totaly wtf...

im thinking of just sanding thru the veneer, because there isnt any over the arm rest/tummy bevel...

but no i dont think it does need filler (last time i painted a alder it didnt) and im still working out what kinda laquer i need :/

At least you have ebay
Quote by squirtle154
OK, so I have stripped the paint off an old fender squier strat, and I actually like the look of the stripped wood (alder). I am wondering if alder needs a grain filler, and what should I use to laquer it?

Alder doesn't need a grain filler. Just plain old lacquer or satin (depending on how shiny you want it) will do...

Quote by metal-matt

As in plywood?

Whats the point of sanding through it? Why can't you just leave it as it is?