I recently got this bass and cant figure out what brand it is it just has a R on the headstock

yeah, that's definitely the B.C.Rich R symbol. Looks like a Widow... how good is it? If it is good, it could be a custom shop, if not then it is probably just a discontinued model.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
it plays pretty good but its in pretty bad shape i was looking at that 5 string one but i never found the 4 string one so ive been trying to find it somewere to now how much its worth since i got it for free i just wanted to see how much i saved
It is Indeed a BC Rich Widow, the single "R" on the headstock points towards it likely being handcrafted.

However, it does look old or neglected.
Looks like a high end BC Rich Widow, definatly could do with some TLC though. It'd definatly be worth taking it to a tech & getting the paint fixed up & maybe some new pickups, I think the BC Rich USAs normally have Dimazios in them, they're fantasic instruments IMO, so spending cash on it will be worth it.
sweet it does have dimazio pickups but how would i now witch ones to buy just by looking at the shape or actually have certain kind this bass was very neglected
Quote by CozmoCon
sweet it does have dimazio pickups but how would i now witch ones to buy just by looking at the shape or actually have certain kind this bass was very neglected

If you want to restore it to original condition a think that the guys on the BC Rich Players Forum would be able to help alot. But if you want to get some new pickups, any Dimazio P-Bass style pickup should work & sound good. I'd say if you can find a good guitar tech & see if he/she knows how to get it into a better shape
It's definitely a handcrafted BC Rich Widow. Get that thing taken care of and you'll have a hell of a bass. Even if you're not into the looks, BC Rich has one of the best custom shops around.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.