I work at a Best Buy here in Montreal. Every so often a person from the "Office de la langue Française" comes along to make sure that the salespeople can speak proper french. I recently found out that if this person were to see me greet a customer with "hello" instead of "bonjour", i could potentially lose my job or be put in a position where I wouldn't speak to customers. This same organization also makes sure that the French font on billboards/posters is larger than the English font. I get that French is the majority and is the first language of Québec, but isn't this taking things a little bit too far?
i am actually going to montreal TOMORROW!

however hearing that makes me want to stay in toronto being forced to speak 2 languages just to work is bull****.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
i am actually going to montreal TOMORROW!

however hearing that makes me want to stay in toronto being forced to speak 2 languages just to work is bull****.

I don't blame you. I love Montreal and the people and everything, but i just get so fed up with the French sometimes. The French press bashed the Montreal Canadiens' captain because he didn't speak French.
yeah the french are weird, a guy in my band is french and he doesnt have any friends and his girlfriend walked out on him because he is critical of anything and everything.
Quote by Stupot1
yeah the french are weird, a guy in my band is french and he doesnt have any friends and his girlfriend walked out on him because he is critical of anything and everything.

Quoi?
F*ck it, man.
I mean... tabarnac.
Stop generalising eachother (both the French and English) .

It really sucks.

Look, I'm not really a separatist but I just want equality.

Quote by Stupot1

So, every French-speaking person is weird because one of them is?
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Jul 24, 2009,
I like French people. In fact, at my job, a lot of them encourage me to speak in English if I prefer. I'd love for equality too, it just doesn't seem like there is equality in Quebec, when a person can get fired if they aren't perfectly bilingual.
f*ck that sh*t hommie.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
merde.

or is that spanish?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
merde.

or is that spanish?

Nope, you got it.
Quote by Demon Wolf
merde.

or is that spanish?

But here we're talking about "american" French like:

Ostie dcalisse j'suis venu dans ma poutine.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by DirtyMakik
But here we're talking about "american" French like:

Ostie dcalisse j'suis venu dans ma poutine.

French spelling of Vladimir Poutine?

I have no idea what you just said.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
French spelling of Vladimir Poutine?

I have no idea what you just said.

Ostie dcalisse, j'suis venu dans ma poutine.

Goddam sh!t, I came in my poutine.

Poutine = Best. meal. ever. Italics = approx translation.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
according to my sociology class, the french are real cunts when it comes to their language. at least in their homeland
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by ep1kz
according to my sociology class, the french are real cunts when it comes to their language. at least in their homeland

you're thinking of the British, and all over the world.
I used to live in Belgium. We were supposed to speak french too, wich I can.
But if someone approached me in French I just talked back at them in Dutch, so they had to start talking Dutch to me too. When I'm in my own territory, people will have to adapt themselves to me, not the other way round :p
Quote by DirtyMakik
F*ck it, man.
I mean... tabarnac.
Stop generalising eachother (both the French and English) .

It really sucks.

Look, I'm not really a separatist but I just want equality.

So, every French-speaking person is weird because one of them is?

But you have to face the fact that the rest of the country is very annoyed (borderline hate) with you because if the government doesn't please poor ol' Quebec for even a fraction of a second you pull out the "separatist" card right away and shout "We deserve special privileges because we speak a different language!"

Just look at the last federal budget, Quebec got the most money, surprise surprise, the feds didn't wanna piss off Gille DuSeppe and hear him pronounce the word "sovereignty" in his broken ass English.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by ep1kz

French =/= Quebecers.

Thanks.

Quote by DZCunuck
But you have to face the fact that the rest of the country is very annoyed (borderline hate) with you because if the government doesn't please poor ol' Quebec for even a fraction of a second you pull out the "separatist" card right away and shout "We deserve special privileges because we speak a different language!"

Just look at the last federal budget, Quebec got the most money, surprise surprise, the feds didn't wanna piss off Gille DuSeppe and hear him pronounce the word "sovereignty" in his broken ass English.

I said I was NOT a separatist. and it's Gilles Duceppe.

The real separatist movement died years ago, much like punk.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Jul 24, 2009,
Having attended a school full of french people, I can tell you that the French, individually, are very nice, funny and randy, but collectively are the most arrogant nation in existence.

Don't get me wrong, I love the french, but I also hate them .
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Last edited by Mechanixx at Jul 24, 2009,