So, I'm listening to Coast to Coast AM, and they are discussing the Cryptozoology, which got me thinking "How many UGers are fans of cryptozoology?" So, I've made this thread to find out. Cryptozoology is the study of various unknown or unexplained animals such as the Sasquatch, Loch Ness Monster, Chupacabra, Dogmen, etc. What are yall's opinions on these things?
███████████████████████████

Pagan? Check it out
i caught a chupacabra and locked it in my closet once.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by TheKittenKannon
Watch the Demetri Martin stand-up comedy special im guessing?

Uhm...no. Read the first sentence of my post.

Pagan? Check it out
have an interest in it to a certain extent. I like to think that people really don't know all the species on this planet, and there is stuff out there we havent seen yet.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
have an interest in it to a certain extent. I like to think that people really don't know all the species on this planet, and there is stuff out there we havent seen yet.

Most of these appearances occur in extremely rural areas, Sasquatch sightings are almost universally found in the mountains in the Pacific Northwest, as well as in the Himalayas. I've also heard of a few reports in the Appalachians. Wolfmen are most often reported in the thick woods of the Northern Midwest, in Michigan and Wisconsin. There are some areas where man has yet to really venture into, and as we push into these areas, we'll see things we have never seen before, namely these previously unknown creatures.

Pagan? Check it out
Quote by The_lizard_king
what about the jersey devil or that giant lighting bird

jersey devil is cool as ****. a few things like that and Spring Heeled Jack and stuff interested me a lot a few years ago.
Quote by The_lizard_king
what about the jersey devil or that giant lighting bird

Zapdos?
Quote by DirtyMakik
Hand Solo... got it?

Hand... Solo!

*makes fapping movement*

aww forget it.
I haven't read much about the Jersey Devil, those huge Thunderbirds are pretty interesting. It's interesting the Natives who were hear thousands of years before us have the same experiences with these creatures as we do. Often describing them just like eyewitness reports.

Pagan? Check it out
Crab. People.
Crab. People.
Crab. People.
Crab. People.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by StringAssassin
Zapdos?

I thought that too when I first read it. You guys ever read about Champy? Like a North American Nessie.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
Quote by The_lizard_king
I thought that too when I first read it. You guys ever read about Champy? Like a North American Nessie.

I remember hearing something about it. It's up in Canada isn't it?

Pagan? Check it out
Quote by CrowStoner
I remember hearing something about it. It's up in Canada isn't it?

Something like that , it resides in Lake Champlain which connects Vermont, New York and Canada I do believe. My friend and I were talking about the Mothman last week.

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
Cryptozoology interests me greatly. I wish that recent Bigfoot hoax wouldn't have happened. The argument for Bigfoot has lost all credibility since. I wish we would discover some of them, though. The list on wikipedia is huge, and we never discover anything. Oh...has anyone heard anything new about that Montauk Monster?
My Gear:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guitars:
Gibson Explorer, Worn Cherry-

Amps:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 - 1 x 12 Combo, 100 watts, Hybrid

Effects:
Blues Driver Keeley Modded
Quote by deathforyouth
Cryptozoology interests me greatly. I wish that recent Bigfoot hoax wouldn't have happened. The argument for Bigfoot has lost all credibility since. I wish we would discover some of them, though. The list on wikipedia is huge, and we never discover anything. Oh...has anyone heard anything new about that Montauk Monster?

I think the Montauk Monster was a dog. I haven't heard anything since last summer on it. The whole bigfoot hoax last summer pissed me off too. I was excited that it was proved. Those guys lost their jobs as cops though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montauk_monster#Possible_identifications

thats what they think it is.

Quote by pepsi1187
Ahhh, cryptozoology...Where human perception rules over reality.
Really though, people need to stop a lot of this. Its getting as bad as people who believe in ghosts and say they can feel their presence. I'm tired of the bullshit.
Quote by Mudmen190
Ahhh, cryptozoology...Where human perception rules over reality.
Really though, people need to stop a lot of this. Its getting as bad as people who believe in ghosts and say they can feel their presence. I'm tired of the bullshit.

What bull **** ? No one is claiming this stuff is scientific fact, it's all purely theoretical. You can view it in lots of different ways, not just in terms of "zomg ppl b c-n monstrs n shiz" Either way it's very interesting to think about, even if those creatures aren't real. Theologians are respected for studying made up beings, why not cryptozoologists?

Pagan? Check it out
Quote by CrowStoner
What bull **** ? No one is claiming this stuff is scientific fact, it's all purely theoretical. You can view it in lots of different ways, not just in terms of "zomg ppl b c-n monstrs n shiz" Either way it's very interesting to think about, even if those creatures aren't real. Theologians are respected for studying made up beings, why not cryptozoologists?

I'm not saying its all bull. A lot of it is. That is what I'm tired of.
I used to be a fan of it. I think there could be some possibility of weirdass things out there, but science hasn't brought much back so I don't know.

You should watch the cryptozoology episode of Penn and Teller: Bull****. So hilarious.

Furthermore, http://paranormal.about.com/library/blstory_july05_05.htm:

I'm 34 now, but I still remember this vividly, like it happened just then. I was 10 years old, and it was a stormy night on Christmas Eve. I was lying in bed, unafraid of the storm raging outside because I'd never really been subjected to any horrifying material at that young age. But suddenly, as lighting flashed, a dark figure was lit up in the sky, and it looked a lot like a chariot driven by many horned horses. This stirred up my old belief in Santa Claus, but naturally I dismissed it because I'd found my parents writing on the presents from "Santa" two years earlier. Suddenly, another bolt of lighting ripped across the sky and the figure was gone.

I relaxed and was about to close my eyes when suddenly another bolt of lighting flashed accompanied by booming thunder. I sat upright, and looked around the room. There, in the corner on my chair, was a fat figure. He looked up with bloodshot eyes and growled, "Hello, sonny. You've been a NAUGHTY boy." I remember he said the word "naughty" in a ferocious tone, and it scared the hell out of me. He stood up and he was suddenly illuminated by my desk light. He was fat, with a bushy white beard and red rosy cheeks and a red nose plus the jolly red suit, but his eyes were bloodshot and he had CLAWED hands and CLAWED feet sticking out of torn boots.

I was about to scream, but he jumped on me and pushed me against the wall. He was too strong, and I couldn't struggle free, but somehow, I managed to pry my face from his gruesome hands, and I managed a loud scream for a couple of seconds. The "Santa" grabbed my throat and squeezed, and just as I was blacking out, my parents came running in. I just saw them burst through the door as I went out cold. The next morning, my parents told me I had been screaming and I was pressed against the wall for absolutely no reason, but my neck was bruised and I had scratch marks on my chest. I went to have it checked out, but we never found the cause. I never saw the Evil Santa again, but that sure as hell made me question whether or not he really exists, and whether he is good or evil.

I wrote that after reading someone's crappy "true story" about seeing the Easter Bunny. Paranormal.about.com actually friggin' accepted my bullcrap story.
Quote by Chrois
I used to be a fan of it. I think there could be some possibility of weirdass things out there, but science hasn't brought much back so I don't know.

You should watch the cryptozoology episode of Penn and Teller: Bull****. So hilarious.

Furthermore, http://paranormal.about.com/library/blstory_july05_05.htm:

I wrote that after reading someone's crappy "true story" about seeing the Easter Bunny. Paranormal.about.com actually friggin' accepted my bullcrap story.

it reminds me of the tales of the crypt movie.

Quote by pepsi1187