So I have a Line 6 HD150 head hooked up to a Marshall MG412A. Now, the HD150 has two outputs with 8 ohm load and the MG412A has one input with an 8 ohm load. Line 6 says that the HD150s are matched to the Spider cabs so that the left output goes with the left input in the cab and the same with the right. My cab only has ONE input? If I use to high of a volume, will the head blow?
Well, IIRC, the HD150 has 2 outputs for stereo usage. I'm not 100% sure, but if you only use one output, it should be fine. Does the manual say anything about using it in Mono rather than Stereo?
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
wait - a line 6 head and a MG cab??

WORST RIG EVAR! :P

Line 6 are not bad.
Spider Amplifiers are pretty damn bad though.
To each his own though.
Some have said part of the reason the spiders fried so easy was running them in mono, so yes its entirely possible you could blow it up. I remember a guy I knew had a vetta head and if run in mono you were supposed to use a specific jack, dont know if the spider is the same. Of course he didnt use the correct jack even after being shown this he said it sounded better plugged in wrong using a guitar cable to connect the head and cab.
Last edited by Tackleberry at Jul 24, 2009,
Spider IIIs are fine. The HD150 is wicked, its the closest thing to sounding like a tube amp, without getting a tube amp. And the MG412A is fine.
Quote by Gregray88
Spider IIIs are fine. The HD150 is wicked, its the closest thing to sounding like a tube amp, without getting a tube amp. And the MG412A is fine.

Quote by Gregray88
So I have a Line 6 HD150 head hooked up to a Marshall MG412A. Now, the HD150 has two outputs with 8 ohm load and the MG412A has one input with an 8 ohm load. Line 6 says that the HD150s are matched to the Spider cabs so that the left output goes with the left input in the cab and the same with the right. My cab only has ONE input? If I use to high of a volume, will the head blow?

i believe they are individually 8 ohms. you should be fine.
Hey, at least you have an excuse to return it.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.