So i was at the music shop yesterday just having a look, the ibanez i've been looking at for awhile.... was great...

Then i picked up this RGA42

Oh my god it felt so nice and smooth

I didn't get a chance to play it through a amp tho

But i'm wondering who has one? what do they think, does it do metal very well? or suited to lighter stuff

Also what's the deal with no tone knob? is it always at max tone?
For that price, you might as well step up to the RG350, only about £50 more, so what, like $80? Well, unless you don't want a locking trem of course, but you can get some great looking RG350's.
Nah i want just a fixed bridge without any locking tuners, i like being able to change tunings on the fly and have no use for a whammy bar
Quote by JackleCube
For that price, you might as well step up to the RG350, only about £50 more, so what, like $80? Well, unless you don't want a locking trem of course, but you can get some great looking RG350's.

RG350 =/= RGA42. RGA has a mahogany body compared to the RG which is basswood, RGA has different pickups, RGA has carved body. They aren't near enough to be considered a replacement for either guitar.

And ts those guitars are great the only other competition that comes close would be something like a Schecter or a Washburn.