Page 1 of 10
I know I'm not the only one here that feels that TESIII:Morrowind is underappreciated and often overlooked. I feel that it's a much greater game than Oblivion and it sucks it has to live in Oblivion's shadow all the time. So here's a thread where you get to tell what you liked about Morrowind. Hopefully this will encourage other people to pick up the game and see for themselves if it's a better game.

What I liked about Morrowind - If you killed a man, and nobody saw, you could get away with it. In Oblivion...kill a guy in Bruma, and you're ****listed all over Cyrodiil.
The storyline wasn't short as ass, I didn't even finish all the quests in the game.
There's way more I can't think of right now I'll edit it in later, but, fans of TESIII-Morrowind, share what you liked about the game and appreciate!
Quote by Survivalism
Gaming thread.

+1

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
mOrRoWiNd 4 lYf xxx

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I couldn't go back to it after playing Oblivion. It just didn't seem as good after that. I actually tried reinstalling it on my laptop but I couldn't get it to work. After half a day trying to figure out why it wouldnt work I just gave up.
Quote by Dayman
i felt this didn't belong there.

What you "felt" doesn't matter:

Quote by THE RULES
IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS ANY OF THE FOLLOWING TOPICS, DO SO IN THE THREAD PROVIDED. IF YOU CREATE A NEW THREAD ON ONE OF THESE SUBJECTS IT WILL BE CLOSED.

Gaming thread (UG online friend finder for xbox live, PSN, etc. is included in thread) (Last page)
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
spears ftw. And the leveling of items and npc's was better.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
oblivion ftw
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
imo, morrowind felt bigger and more epic. talking about oblivion... I dont know, it felt kinda casual for a no lifer like myself.
morrowind .. epic epic times

..then fallout 3 came out

but no still morrowind is pretty much epic
DO

THE ACOUSTIC

Dreaming his way to victory
I think i liked morrowind better. So much to do etc for starters, and i'd say the plot was better. There were so many more unique artifacts in morrowind too, you could explore random places and actually come out with something more worthwhile than glass armour etc

Plus without the fast travel option you explored so much more of the world.
This thread is now about Oblivion.

0bLiV10n 4 lyfe!
Quote by Dayman
It's your duty, son. You some kinda commie, not servin' yer country?
I'm telling FOX News.

Quote by Twist of fate
Haters Ghana Hate
Morrowind was great at the time, but i enjoyed Oblivion much more.
I had a look back at Morrowind and the poor animation did my head in after 10 mins.
Oblivion, after considerable modding, is better. I just got a tasty new motion blur mod and improved textures at 4096x4096 resolution
I like morrowind but whenever I try to mod it, something always goes wrong.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
I played Morrowind on my original Xbox with both expansions...

**** that game was amazing... I have to get it for PC now... I just have to...
I had several thousands of hours of gameplay, had so much awesome stuff... then my Xbox blew up. Ain't no way I could start a new game...

(yes, I like Xbox)
Can't get enough of it.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Morrowind is undoubtedly my favourite ever game for all consoles, **** is so cash. Oblivion isn't as good, but it does have its advantages, graphics for example, I wish they would fix the Oblivion engine (Scaling level AI and some enemies not appearing till later levels) and remake morrowind, that would be amazing.

Looking forward to the next release however I hear the TES team has changed quite a bit, read up if your interested.
daggerfall ftw
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
Morrowind was the greatest and cheapest game i ever brought.

I got it for £1 because the case was damaged...

At first i played it got confused and stopped, i then tried it again 2 weeks later and ****ing loved it!

I must have played over 700 hours on it, there is just so much to do and so much to complete, like making your own pillow fortress, becoming a millionaire and decorating your whole house in candles...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NmboMTLwaQ
Quote by Pipsicles
Morrowind is undoubtedly my favourite ever game for all consoles, **** is so cash. Oblivion isn't as good, but it does have its advantages, graphics for example, I wish they would fix the Oblivion engine (Scaling level AI and some enemies not appearing till later levels) and remake morrowind, that would be amazing.

Looking forward to the next release however I hear the TES team has changed quite a bit, read up if your interested.

That's where PC mods come in for Oblivion.
morrowind is definitely my favorite rpg. it was a lot more epic than oblivion, and it had a bit of a mysterious feeling to it, and there was more to explore.
Oblivion was nice, with the graphics and all that, but the story seemed too straightforward and fast.

i just hope elder scrolls V is as good as morrowind when its eventually released.
Is it me, or did Oblivion just seem like a dumbed down version of Morrowind? It seemed like Bethesda was really lazy when it came to lore and the story line.
It was brilliant but annoying at times.
Cliff races at low levels with low weapon skills....****!
Quote by LordBishek
Oblivion, after considerable modding, is better. I just got a tasty new motion blur mod and improved textures at 4096x4096 resolution

Some of the oblivion mods make it amazing, too bad I now only have the PS3 version and can't use mods. The official mods really suck compared to user-made ones though.
Such as this.
Quote by Patrick L
Is it me, or did Oblivion just seem like a dumbed down version of Morrowind? It seemed like Bethesda was really lazy when it came to lore and the story line.

Yeah, I get that feeling, too. Morrowind is possibly my favorite game of all time and it's definitely the game that I've put the most hours into. That's partly because the world was so interesting. No world like Vvardenfell had ever been created in a fantasy game. Oblivion, on the other hand, is just a typical medieval fantasy world. I'm playing Oblivion right now, but environment just doesn't suck me in the same way Morrowind does.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Quote by Cyberbob
It was brilliant but annoying at times.
Cliff races at low levels with low weapon skills....****!

Oh gosh yes. I got killed by them a couple of times at the start.
i loved morrowind on xbox

it was really slow on my pc though...op flashpoint and deus ex work fine though =/
you brought a hooker to church?
Quote by tucksteel33
daggerfall ftw

Daggerfall > Morrowind > Oblivion

THANK YOU!

Why is Morrowind better than Oblivion?

1, they dumbed down Oblivion (less skill sets, less item slots, less items, everything is on a stupid scale (as in, I have the money to buy this sweet sword but it doesn't exist because I'm only level 5, not level 15), dull environment))

that is the main reason

subreasons explained:
Morrowind has swamp, marsh, grasslands, 'ashlands', complex tunnels/ruins, snow, forest, coasts; Oblivion has grass and forest and some caves. They have a part where you go into a "swamp", yet the trees and grass are that of a forest place.. lame!

I wanna be able to equip different gauntlets and different pauldrons and all sorts of stuff. Pauldrons don't even exist in Oblivion! There is also no difference between greaves and boots. Lame yet again!

Knives and swords take the same ability? Are you kidding me? Axes are blunt weapons? Since when? Oblivion is a dumbed down game

this is like blog type posting here, hahah.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....