Just picked this up today, been waiting all week for it to be shipped over from the eastern states. So, here she is...

Marshall 1936 2x12" cab! (loaded with Celestion G12T-75's)

And a pic with my amp...

You may remember I posted a new amp + cab day a lil while back with my Genz Benz and a Peavey XXX 4x12 cab. Well, one of the speakers in the Peavey was screwed and I didn't actually realise until about a couple of weeks after I bought it... So I took it back to the shop and got them to order in this baby, only had to wait about a week.

I did read around before getting this and found quite a bit of critisism in relation to the G12T-75's, with a lot of people swearing by V30's instead. I'm guessing those people were trying to use them for blues or low gain stuff because I freakn love them. As soon as I started em up I got that wow feeling you get when you've just heard something completely awesome (you know, like the first time you heard a good tube amp cranked). My sound atm is like a mix of Tool, Mastodon, Orange Goblin and Karnivool and these speakers do an awesome job from what I've heard so far. Definitely a keeper

O yeh, and in case you're going to ask, I know the amp is glowing blue. It's not the tubes, it has a line of blue LEDs inside for teh lulz.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Jealous.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
looks awesome, you got any recordings on it yet? link to it if/when you do.
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose
Thanks guys. Sorry but wont have recordings for a lil while, don't have any even half decent mics. A decent recording mic is next on the list for me tho
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Last edited by James13v at Jul 24, 2009,
HNCD!!!
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
OMG!!! thats soo awesome!!! Happy New Cab day dude. The Celestions sound like they would work well even in a metal tone, though i would be worried about its midrange. Could you comment about that? (damn i sound like a dumbass... meh)

If u don't mind me asking, how much did this set you back?
i have a modest rig which consists of guitar related stuff
Member of the Laney Cult
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

my band : Fragments.
Quote by kai2demax
OMG!!! thats soo awesome!!! Happy New Cab day dude. The Celestions sound like they would work well even in a metal tone, though i would be worried about its midrange. Could you comment about that? (damn i sound like a dumbass... meh)

If u don't mind me asking, how much did this set you back?

Nah man it's cool, cost me $850 AUD. With the speakers, they do have a pretty scooped midrange, but it's not as bad as it sounds on paper. You can still get a real nice crunchy low/mid and with the right EQing the scoop is pretty negligable. My amp has an active EQ circuit for both channels so it's real simple to fill up the mids if I want.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
goddamn it, im jealous!!! did u get it at kosmic?
i have a modest rig which consists of guitar related stuff
Member of the Laney Cult
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

my band : Fragments.
Nice

I have the 1922 which i use with a Blackstar HT-5 head and its pretty much the same except yours is vertical and mine isn't. It's a nice cab and i got an awesome price for it ($450 AUD), and i think it sounds pretty nice. I've come to realize that the mids are a little scooped but it's still a good cab and because of the low budget i had at the time it's way ahead of most things i could have bought.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by kai2demax
goddamn it, im jealous!!! did u get it at kosmic?

Yup.

Quote by TOMMYB22
Nice

I have the 1922 which i use with a Blackstar HT-5 head and its pretty much the same except yours is vertical and mine isn't. It's a nice cab and i got an awesome price for it ($450 AUD), and i think it sounds pretty nice. I've come to realize that the mids are a little scooped but it's still a good cab and because of the low budget i had at the time it's way ahead of most things i could have bought.

Yeh, I'm really liking it. It's definitely a decent priced cab considering what else is out there in Perth atleast 2x12-wise.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Last edited by James13v at Jul 24, 2009,
If I kept my Genz Benz I would have loved to use T75's.

How much did you pay for your genz benz?
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Fender 4x12 loaded with t75's
Epiphone LP-100
Fender Stratocaster Highway one
Quote by xBOPx
If I kept my Genz Benz I would have loved to use T75's.

How much did you pay for your genz benz?

$1000 AUD new.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Word that cool, when I got mine I got it for 400 used
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Fender 4x12 loaded with t75's
Epiphone LP-100
Fender Stratocaster Highway one
Cool. Still not a huge fan of G12T-75s for high gain, unless it's with a Marshall-voiced amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com