i recently purchased and installed a set of schaller stap locks onto my guitar and bass, but there has been one major problem wiht them and i would just like to know if any one had the same problem or has any tips they could give me.

but basicallly, the screws that hold the locks to my guitar keep coming loose, this is a bad and annoying problem, i had to re drill a hole on my jazz bass as the screw hole became so big the lock fell out and my bass onto my pedal bored and toes . the reason i got these locks was to stop the guitar dropping, but as it seems the problem is even worse now.

any tips?
analouge effects FTW!!

If you think Kurt Cobain was murdered put this in your sig.
stuff mach sticks or toothpicks in the hole, so it really tight. Pour a drom of superglue in there, and when it hardens, just screw in the screw. Thats what i do whith all my stiped screw holes.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
I used to always get that problem with them, try the toothpick method?

I swapped mine out for dunlop straplocks and I never have a problem with those.
couldent i just super glue them acutaly to the guitar? like screwed in but the metal clips that hold the staps..if that males sense..
analouge effects FTW!!

Don't do the super glue method unless your holes are actually stripped! Use your original guitar screw for the strap pin. The schaller ones aren't tight enough for the hole.
that wouldnt work, except maybe if you used silicone or something. But why would you wanna do that if everyone uses the toothpick method? I have yet to pull out a single screw i used this on.
right i just superglued in tome cocktail sticks as i had no tooth pics. im gunna w8 for it to dry "fingers crossed" thanks guys for helping me (Y)
analouge effects FTW!!

did you jam in as much as you can? It should be so tight that you cant pull them out even without the glue. I usually hammer them in a bit
Quote by jammy827
right i just superglued in tome cocktail sticks as i had no tooth pics. im gunna w8 for it to dry "fingers crossed" thanks guys for helping me (Y)

Should of just used the strap screw that originally came with your guitar. Much easier and it sounds like you didn't even strip your wood yet.
i was using them, the schaller iones were tiny. i stripepd the one hole and had to re drill it and the others were on there way out so i came on ehre for advice yes i jammed in lots.
analouge effects FTW!!

Quote by jammy827
i was using them, the schaller iones were tiny. i stripepd the one hole and had to re drill it and the others were on there way out so i came on ehre for advice yes i jammed in lots.

Ah k thought you were still using the Schaller screw pin.
nah, tbh there is probably more grip on a french hooker.
analouge effects FTW!!

The two best ways I've seen are
1) buying a small diameter hardwood dowel and using that to fill the hole left by the screw (with wood glue applied of course) - this gives you solid wood with no gaps like toothpicks/matchsticks (which are made of softwood)
2) filling the hole with a good epoxy and the screw. If left to dry properly, the right epoxy will be very hard and grip ths screw well.
Moving on.....
I had that problem with my warwick strap locks. I brought it to the shop to get it setup so I also let them fix the loose screw.
Basically what they did is
- took out the pin and screw
- filled it with small pieces of wood (I dunno what but i guess matches works, just the wood part)
- Filled it until theres no gap (wood doesnt come loose), hammer it down so its tight
- Drill new hole then just screw it back in

Another way my friend does it use sand paper to stuff it in... I never tired it tho.

PS: Yes the warwick lock sucks so now I'm bout to change to ernieball locks