How is this compared to the Cube 30x and when do you have to switch tubes? I play everything from classic rock to death metal.
Quote by Anonymoos
How is this compared to the Cube 30x and when do you have to switch tubes? I play everything from classic rock to death metal.

I'm assuming you never heard the VT30.....

Damn that tube makes a difference, if you switch to the VT30 you'll think that the cube produces the same sound as a cardboard box.

I have my VT30 for 3-4 years now, still haven't had to switch the tube, because it's in the pre-amp it will last very long
Quote by Antis0cial
I'm assuming you never heard the VT30.....

Damn that tube makes a difference, if you switch to the VT30 you'll think that the cube produces the same sound as a cardboard box.

I have my VT30 for 3-4 years now, still haven't had to switch the tube, because it's in the pre-amp it will last very long

Hows it for the different genres?
I had the Vox VT15 and from my experience, yes the tube makes a difference but not that much.

If you have to choose between the Roland and the Vox, go with the Vox.

Still at higher gain settings, you can hear the SS part of the amp WAY more than on low gain.
i have cube 30-x and just got the vt-30 so far its way nicer sounding, but has some drawbacks compared to tube, check the review i made its in this forum
Quote by Anonymoos
I heard this sucks for metal, opinions?

It's not the best amp for metal, but it doesn't suck. I can get a good metal tone out of mine.
My Stuff:
Epiphone SG
Jackson DK2M
Dean DOFlage ML
Dean Razorback db
VOX Valvetronix VT30
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP90

Add me...