Recently I ran into a problem.
My old amp completely burnt out on me. The guy I spoke to said it was beyond repair.
So now I'm stuck with my friend's fender blues Jr amp. Good amp, just not enough gain. Even with an OD.
Now
I had posted a thread earlier about getting a decent distortion pedal. Many good suggestions were given, but things went wrong and I couldn't get them. Not available in Indonesia. Now I'm trying again, only this time my tonal requirements have changed. Please recommend a pedal for me.
Requirement: Heard the song "Forsaken" by Dream theater? I want a similar tone. 3 Band EQ wanted.
Budget: 150 USD, 170 pushing it.
I apologise for posting the same thread all over again, but please help me.

Thank you guys.

Gus
List the pedals that were suggested that you cannot get in Indonesia for the sake of avoiding redundancy, then we'll go from there.

The Metal Muff w/Top boost has a great built-in EQ.
Last edited by 667 at Jul 24, 2009,
Quote by 667
The Metal Muff w/Top boost has a great built-in EQ.

NO WAY a metal muff can give him a petrucci tone, it's got a very different voicing man..
TS, wait, I'll get back, gimme a bit of time, lemme look this up..

And yes post the pedals that arent available in Indonesia..

EDIT: Digitech Hardwire metal, maybe? Not too sure though..
Last edited by TubeAmp89 at Jul 24, 2009,
Quote by TubeAmp89
NO WAY a metal muff can give him a petrucci tone, it's got a very different voicing man..

Oups.
My reading comprehension sucks.
DigiTech Hardwire TL-2 is a good 'metal' pedal... could do that sort of sound. Maybe the Hardwire Valve Distortion, even.

If you could get a Tech 21 SansAmp California Sound that would work well as well - they're supposed to be "Mesa/Boogie in a box" styled.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??