I'm looking at maybe getting this car pretty soon and read some reviews about it online and the reviews said that it had some difficulty with getting up to highway speeds because of the 4-cylinder engine. Has anyone else experienced this?
hey man, i don't own one, but any heavier vehicle with an untuned 4 banger is going to have slow acceleration. It'll make highway speeds no problem, it just won't do it in six seconds, that's all.
nissan rogue what year?

is that the 170 hp one with a 2.5L? itll get up to highway speeds no worries, but being a pretty heavy car around 2-2.5 tonnes prob itll take a while to get there
Last edited by LaT3raluS at Jul 24, 2009,
What size engine are you looking at. the 2.5L 170 break engine would be fine.

You are from the states, What is the highway limits out there?

you will be fine doing 100 kmph all day in that beast.

Never Underestimate a Japanese engine. they are solid.
Last edited by Nothingface at Jul 24, 2009,
what is your budget?
Grooving to the Music

Skydiving Fund: R 50.00/ R 1600.00

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

The Dalai Lama
not going over 20k. i need a small-midsize suv with plenty of cargo room and 4wd or awd.
you will be fine man.

but if you are looking at cars in that kind on range you should look at BMW X5
Awesome vehicle...I have a 2008 SL AWD with the premium package...great in Canadian winters and everything...I have alwys been a Honda guy but we save about $6000 on the Rogue vs a similarily equipped CRV - cannot complain about a single thing...
what do you want to use it for?
maybe it would be better to get a car like a VWGolf GTI

edit: it really all depends what your needs are
Grooving to the Music

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

The Dalai Lama
Last edited by Nite` at Jul 24, 2009,
just for general use and so i can haul equipment to and from gigs and rehearsals. but i also want something that has value when i go to trade it in later
well with my knowledge i don't think you've made a bad decision then -
the CR -v is another option but more expense in my country, there's the french options but they normally have great cars but cheapis plastic(dashboards and so on). maybe also check out a mitshubushi outlander but if it's not better go for that one i'd say
Grooving to the Music

The Dalai Lama
yeah i took it for a test drive just on back roads and stuff last night and really liked the way it handled and all of that and i was pretty much sold on it. i just didnt get to take it out on the highway so idk how it performs on there just yet
ok dude no worries then! get it. look after it then .... Burn it
Grooving to the Music

The Dalai Lama