That was, um.... ok I guess. It sounded like pop-punk and was alright for your first song, but it was extremely simple. another thing is the single note line over the clean chords sounded very dissonant. And the pickslides get repeatitive after the first one.
Last edited by tukk04 at Jul 24, 2009,
damn. not bad. kinda catchy, even.
only thing... i hope there's some powerful lyrics in that break, cuz otherwise it's potential for boredom. overall, good tho
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Jim Dunlop, Dava, First Act Picks
It's decent....but the chorus rhythm and progression is the same as Blink 182's "Roller Coaster".

Oh well, only so many progressions in this world.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
it is nice how not everything is metalcore today.
I liked it, eventhough it has a blitzkreig bop vibe somewhere.
It is more pop punk i guess.
Add some powerful and catchy melody, this is what this genre is all about, look at blitzkreig bop, it can't be more simple and look, everybody knows that Hey Ho Lets Go!

7/10, just add a melody to it and it can be practically everything from a 7 to a 10
Quote by actaderock
it is nice how not everything is metalcore today.
I liked it, eventhough it has a blitzkreig bop vibe somewhere.
It is more pop punk i guess.
Add some powerful and catchy melody, this is what this genre is all about, look at blitzkreig bop, it can't be more simple and look, everybody knows that Hey Ho Lets Go!

7/10, just add a melody to it and it can be practically everything from a 7 to a 10

Thanks man
Not bad, reminds me of Blink, a little, but not so much.

The main riff is... eh... passable, really. Maybe bump it up an octave and add a rhythm guitar? 'Cause at the end, the rhythm sounds good, but it kinda blends with the lead too much.

The drums are great, and it sounds like a song with a lot of energy. There isn't that much else to comment on, just sounds like a solid song that could use SOME work. I like it, though.

Crit mine? Tired of You, in the sig.
It reminded me of a blink 182 song hehe
But it was a good solid punk song with the bass doing verse 1 alone and guitar joined in the second. Chorus were good, but it lacks a vocal definitely.
Overall, good song 7/10
And i agree with the guy above, you could try to make the leads one octave higher, 'cause it blends too much with the rhythm at the end.

CFC?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20864697#post20864697
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Jul 25, 2009,
Yes, your octaves were fine. Unless you plan on only keeping this on GP [not recording it], I would change the note that has the harmonic at the beginning, because it's beastly hard to get any harmonic sound at the second fret on the high e string. [It's easier on the lower E string. Beginning of Billy Idol - "White Wedding"] I'd go with one on the 5th fret on the G string [because that produces a G note, and the song's in G major].

Here. I added a rhythm guitar to the beginning, and I think it sounds a lot better. I only said you should bump it up an octave so that when there IS a rhythm guitar, they aren't blending together [because of how low the notes were the lead was playing].
Attachments:
Untitled Punk rock2dfhdj.gp5
Quote by Msu_Man04
Yes, your octaves were fine. Unless you plan on only keeping this on GP [not recording it], I would change the note that has the harmonic at the beginning, because it's beastly hard to get any harmonic sound at the second fret on the high e string. [It's easier on the lower E string. Beginning of Billy Idol - "White Wedding"] I'd go with one on the 5th fret on the G string [because that produces a G note, and the song's in G major].

Here. I added a rhythm guitar to the beginning, and I think it sounds a lot better. I only said you should bump it up an octave so that when there IS a rhythm guitar, they aren't blending together [because of how low the notes were the lead was playing].

I'll add that rhythm guitar now altough it sounds kinda unneccessary. that harmonic at the beginning is supposed to be somekind of a feedback or something, Maybe just a random sound.
Last edited by WantsLesPaul at Jul 25, 2009,
bar 73 is amazing!
nice song, but its too simple to listen with no lyrics

and btw, in the gp5 version "overdub" starts muted lol