Hi,
I've been playing guitar for roughly 4 years now and have decided to upgrade from my El Cheapo 13yr old Samick acoustic that i found on the side of the road to something more playable.

I have roughly $400 AUS and unfortunately, rather little knowledge on decent acoustics in that range. I'm looking for an electric-acoustic (preferable), for easy recording/gigging/band practice, although you may convince me otherwise.

So far, I've come up with:

Cort MR 710F
Yamaha APX500
Yamaha FG720
Fender CD60CE
Ibanez V205SECE

Don't hesistate to suggest some other guitars as well.
I know the FG isnt an electric acoustic, but ive heard some good things about that model.

So basically, im asking which electric acoustic will give me the best bang for my buck.
(For you US folk, im guessing around 300ish dollars?)
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
try to go used if you can. youll get a lot more bang for your buck at that price range. and even new for that much money you can afford a guitar that has a solid top so id say DEFINITELY pick one with a solid top. check out mitchell. theyre cheap and usually sound great but make sure the setup is decent or at least fixable because theyre not the highest quality but they do sell a $200 american solid top acoustic-eletrric.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Yeah, the Cort MR710F is about $375 AUS with a solid spruce top and mahogany back and sides. It has a Fishmann 4T system as well (which apparently is quite good).
Its the one i was looking at getting, but i was just wondering if there are any other guitars worth looking at (or if i was going down the wrong track completely).

Thanks for the help guys
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
One of my acoustics is an Ibanez V70CENT, much like the Ibanez V205SECE, you mentioned. I'm very happy with it, and quite frankly, it's stood up the the test of being bashed around a bit. I would definitely recommend either the V70CENT or the V205SECE. But, like others have said, go for used! Saves a lot of money!!!
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Jim Dunlop, Dava, First Act Picks
Ah, well i forgot to mention, the reason why im buying new from a store, is that i have a 185$ voucher, which expires in a few months. (This was from an insurance claim, my guitar that i sent in for repairs took three months and was stolen the day before they shipped it back).

Also, another question, should i buy the floor model (after i've tried it of course) or is it much safer to get them to order in a brand new one for me? Taking into account im not too great at spotting faults in acoustic guitars.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Go on a day where you have nothing else to do. Play the floor model for hours on end and be sure your happy with it and take that one, at least that's what I do.

Also, ask the employee if they do anything to that guitar before putting it for sale. If they say that that's how it came setup in the box, then it should be similar to any that you get ordered for you.

Don't be afraid to shake the guitar, play it vigorously, plug it in to their acoustic amps, de-tune the guitar and tune it back up to see if the tuners are nice and taught. My cheap acoustic has tuners that will turn 180 degrees before they start to actually wind the guitar string. You don't want tuners with slack like that. Look inside the guitar for excess glue and whatnot. See the quality of how it was built, etc.
good advice!

Quote by clicky234
Go on a day where you have nothing else to do. Play the floor model for hours on end and be sure your happy with it and take that one, at least that's what I do.

Also, ask the employee if they do anything to that guitar before putting it for sale. If they say that that's how it came setup in the box, then it should be similar to any that you get ordered for you.

Don't be afraid to shake the guitar, play it vigorously, plug it in to their acoustic amps, de-tune the guitar and tune it back up to see if the tuners are nice and taught. My cheap acoustic has tuners that will turn 180 degrees before they start to actually wind the guitar string. You don't want tuners with slack like that. Look inside the guitar for excess glue and whatnot. See the quality of how it was built, etc.

btw, i'd recommend the Yamaha FG720 because they are solid top, comfortable, with a good build and finish and very consistent.

one usually purchases the floor models - that way you get to play the exact guitar you'd be buying. since even guitars of the same make and model have small differences, it's the way to go. and the guitars on the store floors do carry full manufacturer warranties - at least, they do everywhere i've been.