Hey there,

I bought a line 6 pod studio ux1 about a month ago, and use reaper for recording.

When I first used pod farm with reaper, everything seemed fine - I could record with no problem at all (guitar + vox).

Recently, whenever I try and record my guitar, the sound starts clipping and reaper gets really laggy. A red bar also appears in reaper as this happens.

This happens A LOT when I try and record on two tracks at the same time.

I used the 'ctrl alt delete' command, and pod farm takes up 100,000k. Reaper takes up 40,000k... cpu usage was at 100% (if this is useful info, i'm not sure).

Perhaps the main question through all of this jargon...
How can I avoid this problem of clipping?

Thx
AJ
Do you record with pod farm as a standalone application or as a VST? I used to get clipping a lot when using it as standalone, but once I started using the VST plugin I was able to make some really good quality recordings.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
I use as standalone on my 'upstairs' cpu... i tried using it as a plugin on that cpu, but I couldn't connect to internet.

I can only connect to internet on 'downstairs' cpu, but haven't tried using it as a plugin here.

Is there any way to use pod farm as a plugin without connecting to internet and making a line 6 account?

Also, when I tried using it as a plugin... there wasn't an option to connect the pod studio ux1 to the cpu... It displayed other devices, but not this one
Quote by ankthebank
I use as standalone on my 'upstairs' cpu... i tried using it as a plugin on that cpu, but I couldn't connect to internet.

I can only connect to internet on 'downstairs' cpu, but haven't tried using it as a plugin here.

Is there any way to use pod farm as a plugin without connecting to internet and making a line 6 account?

Also, when I tried using it as a plugin... there wasn't an option to connect the pod studio ux1 to the cpu... It displayed other devices, but not this one

Hmm, I'm pretty sure you would need the internet to activate it. Could you maybe more the comp downstairs to finish setting up your account?

It's been a while since I hooked my UX2 up, so I don't remember much about how I did it.

I P R O G

Ok, i'm setting account now... it seems as if I need to update pod farm to allow ux1 to connect with the plugin version.

Do you think there is anyway in which I can activate my account downstairs, but still use pod farm as a plugin upstairs?

Thx,
AJ
Quote by ankthebank
Ok, i'm setting account now... it seems as if I need to update pod farm to allow ux1 to connect with the plugin version.

Do you think there is anyway in which I can activate my account downstairs, but still use pod farm as a plugin upstairs?

Thx,
AJ

I'm pretty sure it has to be done on the computer you will be using Pod Farm on.

I P R O G

Haha... that was quite dumb of me!

I've installed latest version of pod farm on my cpu, and now am having trouble connecting my ux1... what do i have to use to connect it again? A cd?
Quote by ankthebank
Haha... that was quite dumb of me!

I've installed latest version of pod farm on my cpu, and now am having trouble connecting my ux1... what do i have to use to connect it again? A cd?

To connect it, you would need the usb cable that came with it. Do you mean to reinstall it?

I P R O G

Then yeah I guess you should use the install CD. Be sure to have your UX1 unplugged from the usb cable when you install it.

I P R O G

I've got pod farm, riffworks, and ableton live cds... should i use pod farm one?

I'm confused because I used pod farm cd to install pod farm, but it doesn't work for installation of the ux1 anymore (originally it did).
Hmm, well just try plugging in the UX1 and see if it will recognize it.

I P R O G

I'll see what I can do... my computer 'whizz' friend is coming round so i'll prob ask him.

Thx for your help,
AJ