I was just wondering if this ibanez les paul custom looks authentic. here are the pics.

Thanks in advanced!
Looks pretty authentic to me. You could always check the serial number.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
It looks authentic, but I'm not sure about the neck joint. It looks like a bolt-on neck and I think Ibanez also made their LP's with a set-in neck, but I'm not sure.
Even God has a Hell, his love for Humanity.
by Friedrich Nietzsche

Call me Edge
how much would u say this would be worth considering that it is indeed authentic and has a bolt on neck? would it b worth more if it had a neck thru?
The fact that it is a bolt on neck makes me think it is fake and worth $2.

This is meant to be a law-suit era ibanez les paul right? If so they should be exact copies of the Gibson ones which means a set neck.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by random_B-RAD
The fact that it is a bolt on neck makes me think it is fake and worth $2.

This is meant to be a law-suit era ibanez les paul right? If so they should be exact copies of the Gibson ones which means a set neck.

your not smart

a lot of the lawsuit era les pauls had bolt on necks
and they were still fantastically good qual guitars
especially compared to the **** spewed out these days

its real
end of thread
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Bolt on set neck....who cares?

If it iis priced right I would get it....if you're into that style of guitar.
most of the lawsuit copy ibanez' had bolt-on necks. most everyone i have seen atleast.
i cant recall one that wasnt a bolt-on.
but they might've made them
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
I've played both set-neck and bolt-on versions and both were awesome guitars. Go for it.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Its authentic. The majority of the Ibanez Les Paul copies had bolt on necks. IIRC, last time I checked, these ran about 400-500 bucks. Check around on ebay for prices.
that Ibanez is most likely built from 1976-1978. It's a POST lawsuit era Ibanez. I myself have a 1975 Ibanez Les Paul which IS a lawsuit era model (note the Gibson goblet inlaid below the ibanez logo). Those pre-1975 built Ibanez guitars were made exactly to spec with Gibsons at the time (ever wonder why NO ONE collects 70's gibsons for the most part and why they are not reissued? ). So since Ibanez offered the same thing with the exact same look (and very similar inlays beyond the logo) for 1/3 the price of a Gibson, Gibson sued Ibanez and won, forcing Ibanez to modify their lines and change the logos etc at the top of the headstock such as the one on your model. Still a very well built guitar though, here's a photo of mine

P.S. I bought mine for $400 CDN used with the case about 8 years ago. I have had offeres for at least $800 for it since because it is a lawsuit....I'm debating selling it at some point.
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
Last edited by Demon_dave at Jul 24, 2009,