I know the marshall Randy Rhoads head has a cascading gain mod done to it
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
the randy rhoads marshall has cascading gain
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14
you can use guitar strings to skin carrots....

wait.... wuttt???
The only cascading gain amp I have is a crappy Park G-10, but it's a precursor to the MG series and is pretty rare and old (like early 90's old). Most Marshalls don't have a cascading gain circuit, but a button to switch on the gain.
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"No..." [laughs, then more emphatically] "No."

"Oh, me neither, man, I was just asking."
what does cascading mean?
i suck at english
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jul 24, 2009,
"A cascade amplifier is any amplifier constructed from a series of amplifiers, where each amplifier sends its output to the input of the next amplifier in a daisy chain."

so yeah, if you have one gain stage (typically a part or an entire preamp tube) that is linked to another... well the gain adds up, or cascades. most high gain amps have cascading preamp stages.

there's my super simple explanation.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
"A cascade amplifier is any amplifier constructed from a series of amplifiers, where each amplifier sends its output to the input of the next amplifier in a daisy chain."

so yeah, if you have one gain stage (typically a part or an entire preamp tube) that is linked to another... well the gain adds up, or cascades. most high gain amps have cascading preamp stages.

there's my super simple explanation.

Isn't it basically where one tube fully saturates before sending the signal to the next tube?? I've never really fully understood the concept.

And its nice to see you back on here - haven't seen you post in quite a while
My amp has cascading gain, I think lol.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Isn't it basically where one tube fully saturates before sending the signal to the next tube?? I've never really fully understood the concept.

And its nice to see you back on here - haven't seen you post in quite a while

i'm not entirely sure whether or not the full tube or just a triode has to saturate, but the passing of that signal to the next stage/tube is what i'm certain about.

and thanks, i've been busy enjoying my last summer break for quite a while
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Pretty sure anything with more than one gain stage is considered cascading, which is every amp. When you think the v1 tube feeds into the v2 tube, that's cascading. The gain channel adds v3 into the mix, which is just another gain stage. It's all cascading