So searching on craigslist the past few days has given me 3 options for amps.

EDIT**
These are my 2 choices.

Fender BASSMAN 100 for 150
or
Acoustic B200 for 200

Is the b200 worth the extra 50 dollars?

My bass is an Ibanez SR300FM.

Im not looking to gig with this, just maybe jam with a friend playing guitar or with a drummer.

Need some opinions
Last edited by CrackerJack465 at Jul 31, 2009,
For me, its really the lesser of three evils, but I'd probably pick the bassman.

Rumble to me has a really meh tone. And the Ampeg is underpowered and really only a shadow of its bigger brothers.
I own the Ampeg, and for that price, it is a great amp. I'd say spring a bit extra for the Ampeg. As much as I love Fender, I'm not partial to their bass amps.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
i'd go for the bassman. Ampegs are awesome amps, but the lowerpriced models arent really that special. I played one in a music shop and i was really dissapointed. The rumble is pretty meh too, so definitely get the bassman.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Quote by CrackerJack465
Im trying to find an acoustic b200 used, but little luck so far.
Yeah, if you could find one of those used, there's another good option.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
i would go for the bassman, best tone of the three
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Ampeg. Seriously. I had a gig where it was my backline. Almost the tone of my Ashdown halfy - perfect by my book. Not much experience with fenders, but the guitar backlines at the same gig were Fender 60w guitar amps - they REALLY sucked in my opinion. Clean channel not that bad, but the drive... OMG... Terrible...
Bassman. I own the Rumble (2x10) and it's decent, but the bassman is a whole nother level.
Bumping my thread a little bit, but I have narrowed it down to a Bassman 100 or Acoustic B200. Both are available, similar price, great condition. Which one should I get?
B200, by far. Better EQ, more wattage, and better tone (from what I've heard).
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
B200 has pretty good tone, and the extra wattage would benefit you more when jamming with a drummer.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Cool. Im getting the Acoustic B200 I think.
They guy went to 190 in price too. Hehe. And it's being delivered, no driving needed. Yay.
Good deal. Have fun with it!
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
I would have gone with the bassman, myself, of course i suppose i cant have everything.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Well, ive never played an acoustic, but you know, its a attempt to bring back acoustic, which i also hear was one of the best at the time, and these knew amps are a weak interpretation.
Ive played the bassman, and theirs some lovely tones from it, its nice and comfortable.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
The acoustic is probably going to better. I live in Canada, so I've never been able to try the acoustics, but they have a very good reputation, especially around here. It will be worth an extra fifty for double (or maybe one and a third?) times the wattage of the fender