can you recommend me a perfect death metal style tube amp for the styles of like Decapitated, Cannibal Corpse, Cryptopsy, Suffocation, Hate Eternal etc? I was looking into a dual rectifier but Im kind of being told otherwise. Im new here so please dont mind if there is something im not aware of forum-wise. I need to that perfect heavy Death metal distortion and there are so many amps out there its hard for me to pick the right one.
I hate the Dual Rectifier to be honest, but before post, this might be the wrong forum to post this in.

I do know that Paul Barret uses a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier though....
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
*Rob
sorry for double post
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Yes i am

Gear:
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Learn to edit. You joined in 05 ffs.

He is right about the wrong forum though. I'd also like to know this question as well

>.>

<.<
Peavey 5150. If all you want is a great gain channel, go 5150. Dual Recs are also great amps as well... although I think they're more expensive.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Unless you're willing to spend extra money on a sonic maximizer I wouldn't suggest the Dual Rectifier.

Mesa's kick ass, but they're just not made for this type of music. You have to really know what you're doing to get a sick ass "metal" sound out of it.
Quote by severed-metal
Learn to edit. You joined in 05 ffs.

He is right about the wrong forum though. I'd also like to know this question as well

>.>

<.<

I know hahahaha i forgot about the edit post
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig

Yes i am

Gear:
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Stop trying to help people who have posted something which is clearly forbidden
Kindly tell them where they should post instead.
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
well i looked into both the powerball and the fireball, which one would be more proficient for what i need as far death metal style goes?
Powerball has more gain, I'd assume that would be the better choice.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
I came in here thinking it was for a "dath metal tube MAP". I'd also go for the Ampeg VH140C-300. It's solid state, but Suffocation used it early on and I think it sounded fine!
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Just so you know, if you want a great death metal tone, it's not just going to be a matter of picking the right head. You're also going to need the right cabinet/speaker choice to go along with it. Trust me, it's a huge factor in the tone--just as important as the guitar's sound. I'd recommend checking out Basson cabs. I own a 4x12 and it's pretty sweet. Mesa and Marshall are good choices also. Just make sure you steer clear of a cab with Celestion G12-75t speakers (like in a marshall 1960). They're ok, but you can do much better for a good death metal tone IMO.

And also, the amps recommended here so far have all been worthy choices to look at, but make sure you post in the gear forum next time.
Last edited by arabito at Jul 24, 2009,
Quote by dead-fish
Powerball has more gain, I'd assume that would be the better choice.

Its not ALL about the gain. But I'm not sure that it does...
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
Its not ALL about the gain. But I'm not sure that it does...

Death metal doesn't really focus on voicings or tone color. In quite a few cases, even clarity isn't a big factor.
As long as it has a big fvck-off distortion channel, he'll most likely be happy.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.