I kinda wrote this is the spirit of everything I hate about the genre, but I'm being told that it's rather good.. Opinions?

I didn't actually play this before writing it, so no need to comment on playing skills

EDIT:

Added bass, changed the ending a bit, and fixed a couple of notes in the solos to stick in the harmonic minor key of cheese

EDIT2:

Made another song in this style, it's part 2 in my sig
Attachments:
updated.zip
Last edited by destroy_techno at Jul 26, 2009,
This is actually amazing.. you wrote this as a joke? **** you.

I wouldn't really call it techdeath though, it's not very technical.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
^I think it could be deemed technical, that is just me though.

I'm loving loving LOVING the groove behind the main bit. The solo is marvelous and plays on the piece's whole mood. The second is the same. This is definitely a marvelous piece of music and, for a "joke," is very well thought out. I do, however find the end to be very lazy, you can do better than that! You've already proven that much.

9/10, for sure. I reserve my tens for works such as saddam's "Apollyon" (https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516515).

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1169110
Last edited by ExplorerFreak at Jul 24, 2009,
Quote by AngrySockMonkey
This is actually amazing.. you wrote this as a joke? **** you.

I wouldn't really call it techdeath though, it's not very technical.

Not as much a joke, as trying to prove to myself that this stuff wasn't really that hard to write.. Seemed to work out

Try to play the riff at 25, I think that counts as being technical >_> + all the tapped arps, are really cliche tech death..

I dunno what I should do with the ending really.. Suggestions?
Quote by destroy_techno
I dunno what I should do with the ending really.. Suggestions?

Pause, two full 5 string arpeggios down to the root note of the key.

For a joke, that was pretty good, I'm actually jealous of your ability to write stuff like this as a JOKE, I can't even write anything that good when trying to.
Quote by XianXiuHong
Pause, two full 5 string arpeggios down to the root note of the key.

For a joke, that was pretty good, I'm actually jealous of your ability to write stuff like this as a JOKE, I can't even write anything that good when trying to.

I'll try it right away

I should probably add bass too..
I agree with you on the fact that I hate the genre, but I can tell that for what it's trying to fit into, it's good. I actually kinda like the groove of the main riff, but other than that... I hate this genre so much that I would never even jokingly write something in it. There were a few other parts that sounded okay, but those are the ones that weren't a plethora of random notes. So really I'm not making fun of you or anything, because you only wrote it as a joke, like you said, showing it isn't THAT hard to write.

Then again, writing random notes isn't usually that hard. >_> <_<. So you're kinda right. I still don't think I could. XD.

You don't have to C4C if you don't want to, since I didn't really crit this.
i liked it very deathy. it had very nice drums. i9 cant believe this was a joke cuz this is a legitimate death song the groove was good. it isnt that technical besides the tapped notes while sweeping but i can see how someone would say this is tech.
8/10

C4C?The triumph of death in my signature
Rattle Your Goddamn Head!
Holy ****ing ****, dude!
If you made is as a joke, I don't wanna know what you write for serious ****...
****ing loved it man, Intro sounded crazy as hell, very heavy **** to bang to.
My favorite part was at bar 49, ****ing loved that riff man, some really groovy tech metal there!
Very good job, buddy! Keep it going and you can make a tech death metal band and be one of the best out there, no kidding!

Here is my metal song, C&C if you like

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1165609
*Plagiarises*
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by kaos572
i liked it very deathy. it had very nice drums. i9 cant believe this was a joke cuz this is a legitimate death song the groove was good. it isnt that technical besides the tapped notes while sweeping but i can see how someone would say this is tech.
8/10

C4C?The triumph of death in my signature

Not that technical? I can't see many people playing the riff at bar 25 cleanly at that speed or being able to alternate pick the entire thing without getting tired.
Quote by XianXiuHong
Not that technical? I can't see many people playing the riff at bar 25 cleanly at that speed or being able to alternate pick the entire thing without getting tired.

Technicality =/= Playability.

Just because it's hard doesn't mean it's technical. Defining characteristics of technical death metal are: frequent time signature changes, extremely fast and technically advanced drumming, uncommon, oddly structured riffs and motifs and (though not necessarily found in all tech-death) neo-classical, shred-type solos.

Just saying . This is more of a progressive/brutal death metal song, due to constant 4/4 meter and 4 and 8 bar riffs.
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Quote by AngrySockMonkey

Just because it's hard doesn't mean it's technical. Defining characteristics of technical death metal are: frequent time signature changes, extremely fast and technically advanced drumming, uncommon, oddly structured riffs and motifs and (though not necessarily found in all tech-death) neo-classical, shred-type solos.

Just saying . This is more of a progressive/brutal death metal song, due to constant 4/4 meter and 4 and 8 bar riffs.

Ah ok, my bad
This is definitely not a brutal death metal song, far from it

The drums aren't really technical I can agree to, but I'd still class this as a tech death song.. Most of the riffs are pretty demanding.. It's not in Brain Drill territory or anything, but I think that if Gorod classes as Tech Death then so does this..

Thanks for all the nice crits, I definitely didn't expect it to be this well recieved, being a parody of the genre and all..
I love it!
And bars 69-70 really reminds me of the start of the solo in The Faceless' Xenochrist for some reason...
10/10
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Dude i hear your songs before And i hear that some parts are pure blackmetal influences not death
Quote by AngrySockMonkey

Does not compute.

Anyway, I have no comment on this song because I haven't listened to it yet, but your second cheese tech song had an extremely cheesy ending, and some mediocre solos. Other than that, it was cool.
Quote by RedDeath9
Does not compute.

Anyway, I have no comment on this song because I haven't listened to it yet, but your second cheese tech song had an extremely cheesy ending, and some mediocre solos. Other than that, it was cool.

Someone gets it

Harmonic minor rape isn't amazing
Quote by destroy_techno
You're probably thinking the part with the chord, hyper blast and the tremolo picking

Well, yeah, I guess it's just the way I write

I've decided to write another piece of cheese, it was fun writing this one

dont understand me wrong ... I like that parts ALOT You should try to write up a blackmetal song.Il be very happy if you do cause i like your stuff
Quote by Imm0rtal
dont understand me wrong ... I like that parts ALOT You should try to write up a blackmetal song.Il be very happy if you do cause i like your stuff

have a look

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=967253

your blackmetal song kicks ass
Last edited by Imm0rtal at Jul 29, 2009,
That was Awesome. Great song. Great song. Great heavy metal song. Though you should put in a long harmonized solo in. It would just make it that much better.
Try checking out my song. Stalker Cats
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20958029#post20958029
Last edited by YesterdaysToday at Jul 29, 2009,
i lol'd
also i was kinda surprised at how much structure there is, i was kinda expecting it to be more math-y or proggy...still cool
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
i read on the toilet.
sometimes i'm even on UG or AIM.
laptops + wireless = The Pit on the toilet.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Cannibal Corpse transcend genres and stereotypes with their emotional and heartfelt take on music.
Dt, first you invade my dreams, and now my ears...Fun to say the least. I felt like I was playing Tetris, but the difficult is already set to 10.
It's hard to believe you wrote this as a joke. It's ******* AMAYZING!
I am at a loss of words.

Easy for you to write maybe but dude, keep up the amazing work and get a band going.

10/10, the grooves w/ the riffs were my fav. part, its not overly technical and that's what makes this song ****ing sick.

I know the majority of people will probably find this tasteless but for someone like me who absolutely loves this shit, its a ****ing treat! Thanks for the early xmas present you prick haha

Absolutely nothing to crit on my end, 5 thumps up!

P.S. Outro riff makes me want to kill a family of kittens
"Our revenge so everlasting sweet,
Enslave your Children, Behead the weak,
Kill every last Man, Woman and Machine
The cleansing has begun.
Your meek defense is foolish,
we come from the stars a trillion strong."
Last edited by cptazad at Dec 21, 2009,