I can bend all the notes on the fretboard but for some reason (on every string) when I try to bend notes past the 12th fret the sound dies out (I can't bend it because the sound just dies)

It's my guitar. Tried it on my other friends' amps as well.

I remember my guitar teacher saying it had to do with some sort of "rod" problem but that was a while back I don't remember exactly what he said.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
de ja vu... you're fretting out. you have an un even fret or two and they're muting out your bends.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Maybe the bow of the neck? You can adjust it with the truss rod. Google it But be careful if you try and do it.
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
Quote by randomhero93
de ja vu... you're fretting out. you have an un even fret or two and they're muting out your bends.

What do you mean an uneven fret? Like the guitar/fretboard itself is flawed?

I didn't have this problem my first half year that I've owned this guitar.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
It could also be that your action is a little too low.
Last edited by punker_7970 at Jul 24, 2009,
Quote by TheBodomBullet
What do you mean an uneven fret? Like the guitar/fretboard itself is flawed?

I didn't have this problem my first half year that I've owned this guitar.

no, as in a fret wire is un even. either that or like the guy above me said, your action is too low.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
no, as in a fret wire is un even. either that or like the guy above me said, your action is too low.

I think it could potentially be the action.

My friend (whom helped me pick the guitar lol) lowered my bridge around the time I got the guitar because he said the strings were really high up (i think that was the reason).

I don't know if THAT's when it started though. It could've been later.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
I think it could potentially be the action.

My friend (whom helped me pick the guitar lol) lowered my bridge around the time I got the guitar because he said the strings were really high up (i think that was the reason).

I don't know if THAT's when it started though. It could've been later.

i'd still check for un even frets. just in case.
Quote by pedromiles101
You could have worn down your 12th fret so much that it caused the next fret up to be taller than it and mute it.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
it could be a dead spot.
and too low action is certainly a possibility ive done that before.
but one way for a sure fix is to take it to a professional unless you can adjust your intonation and truss rod your self.
Rocking the world
One solo at a time