I recently bought a Peacey Classic 50 410. Its used and pretty old (it was made before they started putting effects loops in them). I dig the clean sound and absolutely love the lead channel. So the problem is that if I run my guitar through even one pedal, the tone just gets sucked right out. It sounds downright terrible. My old set up has three overdrive pedals, a chorus, compression and loop pedal. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if anyone ever found a solution. Any suggestions at all would be appreciated. Unfortunately its too late to return it so this is what I have to deal with. Thanks in advance!
I have a Peavey C50 head, and it does have the effects loop. From what i've been told is that the classic series take pedals extremely well so i don't know what your problem is?? The only pedal i had troubles with was my looper. If i put it in my guitar chain the drum beat was distorted, and if i put it in the effects loop it doesn't pick up my picking technique all the time...
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic DG-22 Ebony
Bugera 6262 combo
Blackheart Little Giant Half-stack
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
FOA to prev poster... I wouldn't pass a drum machine thru a gtr amp - u r asking for trouble.

to initial poster: I'd bet you my fur lined bathtub that the prob is you have a bad cable in there...

or it could be a prob with buffers.

If you have several pedals with buffers chained together it ends up sounding like all the highs bleed off...
if this is the case you should get a true bypass loop and a single buffer.

you want one and only one buffer in the mix if at all possible.
Quote by mistermikev
FOA to prev poster... I wouldn't pass a drum machine thru a gtr amp - u r asking for trouble.

to initial poster: I'd bet you my fur lined bathtub that the prob is you have a bad cable in there...

or it could be a prob with buffers.

If you have several pedals with buffers chained together it ends up sounding like all the highs bleed off...
if this is the case you should get a true bypass loop and a single buffer.

you want one and only one buffer in the mix if at all possible.

+1.

If my Spider can take four different pedals at once, your full tube Peavey Classic should as well
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ