i want to buy a new guitar for metal and shredding too, so i need a fast neck and fretboard, an easy guitar to play with.i was thinking about an ibanez rg series or a dean razorback(all with floyd rose tremolo). what u think about these? any recomendation is welcome..(sorry for my english)
if you want us to recommend guitars we want you to post specifications
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Quote by Gryphon999
if you want us to recommend guitars we want you to post specifications

this also have a look at jackson or esp both make good metal capable guitars
Ibanez
ESP/LTD
Schecter
Jackson
Kramer

You have a lot of options.....have you looked at or played on anything yet that you are interested in?

FYI....a neck is not fast.....the person playing the guitar is or isn't. Guitars only play as fast as you make them play.
The quality of Ibanez guitars has been deteriorating since '04 or so, so that's not a particularly good idea. I've never looked into deans, so I can't give you any advise on that.
Personally I'd recommend Caparison guitars(any of them really). But those can be a bit expensive, so you might also want to check out ESP or Jackson, as britishsligean already said.
Quote by wesselbindt
The quality of Ibanez guitars has been deteriorating since '04 or so, so that's not a particularly good idea. I've never looked into deans, so I can't give you any advise on that.
Personally I'd recommend Caparison guitars(any of them really). But those can be a bit expensive, so you might also want to check out ESP or Jackson, as britishsligean already said.

I'm calling bs
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
yeah same i own an RG350DX which i bought only last year and its the best guitar ive ever played!
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
What's your budget? What other equipment are you going to use in your setup? And what other styles do you play? If you like to change tunings I wouldn't suggest a floating tremolo, unless you plan on blocking it.
Ibanez guitars have really thin necks so if you are wanting to play fast that might be helpful. Another great guitar for you might be an esp ltd ec-1000 brand. My favorite finish is the cherry red but you can check it out on their website.
I'd go with either ESP or Schecter. Easily my two favorite brands. But to each his own so just use what sounds and feels right to you.
my budget is about 800 $(USD) but i can adjust it if anything good comes up..to be more specific i need definitely a neck easy to play especially in lower frets where u just cant move ur hand further.24 frets, 2 pickups and floyd rose tremolo bar.i most playing metal and other similar stuff.
Quote by sidj0n
my budget is about 800 $(USD) but i can adjust it if anything good comes up..to be more specific i need definitely a neck easy to play especially in lower frets where u just cant move ur hand further.24 frets, 2 pickups and floyd rose tremolo bar.i most playing metal and other similar stuff.

And now the next 20 replies will be: OMG TAKE THE SCHECTER C-1!!!!!!!!!111!!11

But really: don't take a Schecter C1. Try buying second hand and score a Jackson SL3/SLSMG/SLS3, or a ESP Horizon, or a high end Edwards, or a Ibanez prestige (not my favorite, but many people seem to like them).
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Jul 28, 2009,
just go to www.thomann.de or .com, go to the guitars tab and select those specs, i.e. tremolo, neck, body, colour, price, pickups etc. etc. you will have your answer in five minutes or so
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
what do u think about a ESP LTD ALEXI 200 or a Dean razoback v?
you should be able to do a lot better than the alexi for your budget. i haven't tried that exact model, but as far as i'm aware, those 200 models are more or less starter guitars. you're paying a premium because it's a signature model.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Razorbacks are huge. Make sure you can take care of it and your hallways and door spaces are about 6 feet wide.

Expect nicks, dents, scratches, etc....
Quote by srob7001
What about their (Ibanez) quality has been deteriorating?

Look at the prestige line that came out this year. Sharp fret ends, binding not properly applied, non-crowned or poorly crowned frets, etc.

It's not like they're bad guitars, but for the money you pay Ibanez could do way better.

My advice or buying an Ibanez is to buy from Rich at ibanezrules.com and get the platinum or gold package. He has yet to have a customer that wasn't estatic about the quality of their guitar.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by gilly_90
I'm calling bs

Its true, i can give you an example.

In the early 2nd millenium, from 2001 to 2003, you could use hardware from any brand in any Ibanez guitar, nowadays, you can only use Official Ibanez hardware. Thats why i dont buy Ibnez guitars.
Quote by V.U.K
Look at the prestige line that came out this year. Sharp fret ends, binding not properly applied, non-crowned or poorly crowned frets, etc.

It's not like they're bad guitars, but for the money you pay Ibanez could do way better.

My advice or buying an Ibanez is to buy from Rich at ibanezrules.com and get the platinum or gold package. He has yet to have a customer that wasn't estatic about the quality of their guitar.

Quote by Baraga

Its true, i can give you an example.

In the early 2nd millenium, from 2001 to 2003, you could use hardware from any brand in any Ibanez guitar, nowadays, you can only use Official Ibanez hardware. Thats why i dont buy Ibnez guitars.

+1
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by sidj0n
what do u think about a ESP LTD ALEXI 200 or a Dean razoback v?

The LTD Alexi 200 is a starter level guitar, which should be fairly below your budget as well as being fairly inferior to a number of guitars you could get in your price range.

The Dean Razorback is my favourite whipping boy. It's a generally badly made guitar. Flimsy feel, crappy hardware, horrible pickups, yet it sells because it has Dime's name plastered on the headstock and is sold as a "tribute" when it's really just a cash-in.

For 800$ look into the Ibanez S series or a used Charvel (not a Charvette), Jackson or a nice Carvin
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I recently ordered an ESP LTD MH401QM, after hearing good things about it. It's $700, so I guess you'd have some extra to go toward an amp or other goodies. I haven't tried it yet, but I spent a long time finding the best guitar I could, so I'm confident it will be great. It's got EMG active pickups, good ol' thin U neck, a Floyd Rose Special trem, and a beautiful finish.
Some DBZ's will be in your price range. Other than that: ESP 400/401's, Schecter C-1 FR's.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by wesselbindt
The quality of Ibanez guitars has been deteriorating since '04 or so.

I think you're referrring to Ibanez that come out of Indonesia aren't you?

The quality of low end Ibanez (such as the low end RG or Gio) have plunged dramatically since the manufacturing some of these lines were moved out of Japan into Indonesia.

I don't know about you guys in the States or Europe, maybe there's a stricter QC and acceptance rate there, but I have seen better quality Squiers than Indonesian made Ibanez.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.