Page 1 of 2
well, as it turns out, the meeting I was fearing in this thread wasn't about firing all of us employees, but rather about brainstorming about our products.
I work for an internet sales company trying to break into the global market, and, as all internet sales platforms, we face one crucial problem: physical items, availability and customs.
As everyone who's ordered something abroad knows, getting something into your country from another is a big pain in the ass and costs tons of money and time.
So what my company (and a couple of competetors) are trying to do is sell things that have no physical form, for instance a trip to egypt, a weekend rockclimbing or stuff like that.

I've already come up with my fair share of ideas, but I was wondering what the Pit thought of this idea, and if it could come up with any other ideas of things that can be sold, but have no physical form and therefor do not need to be shipped.

meh, and if no-one is interested in that kind of thing, let me tell you that food at a 5-star hotel is ATROCIOUS. tiny portions and terrbile service.
I'd rather eat at mcDonalds than a 5-star hotel.
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Cool blog.

*slaps* the thread is open to discussion and exchange of ideas, that is no blog
Adventure days type things? like the rock climbing one?

Track days are always cool

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by Blayney
Adventure days type things? like the rock climbing one?

Track days are always cool

track days? what is that?
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Cool blog.

Bro.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by CoreysMonster

Go to a racing circuit and borrow fast cars for a day. Or you can take your own car.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by Blayney
Go to a racing circuit and borrow fast cars for a day. Or you can take your own car.

that sounds awesome, but I'm not sure how that could work considering insurance and such, but that doesn't matter. no idea is too crazy, at the meeting, one guy even suggested selling a trip into space, like that millionaire did once.
isn;t this the same guy who had a boss who ripped him off?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Venice King
isn;t this the same guy who had a boss who ripped him off?

same guy, different job.

Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Souls, maybe...

it wasn't funny with ghosts, why try again with a different word?
It seems as though your company has a really shit marketing department.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by CoreysMonster
why?

They called a meeting for all employees to do the job that marketing department is supposed to do?
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by dann_blood
They called a meeting for all employees to do the job that marketing department is supposed to do?

yeah, what's wrong with that? they were trying to get the whole company enthusiastic about their job again, and trying to get everyone to think.
tbh, I think that was a brilliant move, because it even got me motivated and thinking about the company, and I usually don't give a crap about the company I'm working for.
EDIT: my company is big, but has very few employees. we have 3 people in the marketing department.
Mail order brides!!!!
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Mail order brides!!!!

someone actually suggested that during the meeting, and they were dead serious. -.-
If Your company wants to concentrate on non-physical products, why not take the practice to it's logical conclusion and start selling abstract concepts like 'Happiness' or 'Freedom'.

Obviously you can't actually sell stuff like that but it would be a wicked scam.
Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah, what's wrong with that? they were trying to get the whole company enthusiastic about their job again, and trying to get everyone to think.
tbh, I think that was a brilliant move, because it even got me motivated and thinking about the company, and I usually don't give a crap about the company I'm working for.
EDIT: my company is big, but has very few employees. we have 3 people in the marketing department.

I don't see a problem with allowing employees to have input into business decisions or direction, it's a brilliant idea to keep workers motivated. But calling a meeting to do the job that's already the primary job of another department? The reason you have a marketing department is so that you don't have to do that type of thing.

In short, you need to give the guys in the marketing department a quick spank to the rump.
Quote by Vornik
Quote by dann_blood
I don't see a problem with allowing employees to have input into business decisions or direction, it's a brilliant idea to keep workers motivated. But calling a meeting to do the job that's already the primary job of another department? The reason you have a marketing department is so that you don't have to do that type of thing.

In short, you need to give the guys in the marketing department a quick spank to the rump.

...true. I wish I could actually kick their asses, because I work directly under them and have to deal with their incompetence

Quote by DieGarbageMan
fixed

make a program that is useful and you can let people buy it and download it off the internet
Quote by Union Jake

Long story short, 10 minutes later we were all sat there jerking off. (Our own, not each others)

Quote by Union Jake
How am i gay? I was jerking it to the women, and i didn't look at my roomates things.
Quote by CoreysMonster
...true. I wish I could actually kick their asses, because I work directly under them and have to deal with their incompetence

Theres only one way to deal with this.

Sodomy, rum and the lash.
Quote by Vornik
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
I'd rather eat at McDonalds than most places.

/fat

i love how your picture is a fat little yellow thing clapping = D

thats good to hear that your not ****ed anymore man. i too dont like 5 star hotel food, greasy animal intestines all the way!
Quote by CoreysMonster

Go and drive cars really fast around a racing track and crash and have lots of fun.

You have that Nurburgring in Germany, the biggest car racetrack in Europe, and it's open to anyone who pays to go there. Take advantage of it.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
Go and drive cars really fast around a racing track and crash and have lots of fun.

You have that Nurburgring in Germany, the biggest car racetrack in Europe, and it's open to anyone who pays to go there. Take advantage of it.

I FORGOT ABOUT THAT!!! Brilliant, freddaahh!!
Quote by CoreysMonster
I FORGOT ABOUT THAT!!! Brilliant, freddaahh!!

*Punches air with fists*

It would be a great thing to suggest to your boss, because it's the sort of day out lots of big companies do. In this country they often spend a day shooting in the countryside, perhaps that may work in Germany too?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
*Punches air with fists*

It would be a great thing to suggest to your boss, because it's the sort of day out lots of big companies do. In this country they often spend a day shooting in the countryside, perhaps that may work in Germany too?

nah, germans aren't very gun friendly, but we're looking for ideas that can work world wide, for instance guns aren't legal in every country.

however, a day on a race track, perhaps with lessons, is an excellent idea.
If I get a raise, I'll pm you asking for your Paypal account
(doubt that'll happen, though )
So, you're trying to sell things that have no physical form?

How about concerts? Shows? Operas? Skydiving trips?

Something along the lines of those things?
Quote by severed-metal
So, you're trying to sell things that have no physical form?

How about concerts? Shows? Operas? Skydiving trips?

Something along the lines of those things?

exactly
but be creative!! I could be anything!
Quote by CoreysMonster
exactly
but be creative!! I could be anything!

Wacken Festival is in Germany. One the biggest metal festivals on the planet...actually, it is.

Unless it's already been said.

Nice try, Mginty.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Jul 24, 2009,
Skydiving, scuba diving, snorkling, wilderness adventure, stunt driver training, stunt actor training, tours to cool places (castles, famous breweries, haunted places etc).

DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Quote by TDS
Skydiving, scuba diving, snorkling, wilderness adventure, stunt driver training, stunt actor training, tours to cool places (castles, famous breweries, haunted places etc).

perfect, perfect etc... all very good ideas, ideas that came up during the meeting and which my boss deemed "brilliant"

want to work for us?
You guys are discussing product development. That has nothing to do with marketing. The marketing guys will discuss HOW to sell the products you guys come up with. Not the actualy development of products itself.

Your company has a useless R&D department.

There is a huge market in secondary concert ticket selling, because venues and artists tend to completely undervalue the tickets to their shows. Might be worth looking into.

Also, stocks and bonds are non-physical assets. Another possibility.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
also, I have no idea about marketing. I'm a designer, I work with pretty pictures, not with actual objects. so if anything I say is stupid, it's because it's not my millieu.
Page 1 of 2