Well, I got the Fender Super-sonic. I was asking a lot of you if it was suitable for metal. Glad I got it! Holy cow. The thing literally screams when you max out both of the gains! (Hey Alf, you better add this amp to your list of metal amps! ) And if that wasn't enough, it has some of the circuitry from the Vibrolux and the Bassman which sound near dead on the real thing. Bottom line: It's amazing! Just though I'd share what happened. I think I'm done with all of the amp research! Expect soundclips in the near future!

UPDATE: Sound clip!!! http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=786764&songID=7874884 please excuse the sloppy playing and the pick noises. I had the volume on my amp literally on .5 and recorded through the crappy onboard mic on the micro br. But tell me what you think.
Last edited by SpeedFreak25 at Jul 24, 2009,
Fender Supersonics are excellent amps. I was absolutely blown away when I heard the amount of gain that thing can crank out. And of course, it has all the tone you could ever want from a Fender. Congrats on your new amp!
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
Oh and by the way. I would honestly put my Super-sonic up there next to the very similar sounding, on the dist. channel, EVH 5150 III. I actually think that the SS has a bit more character in both distortion AND clean. Funny...
So, did you go with the combo or the head? I've been using the combo for about 8 months now. Probably the most rewarding gear purchase I've had thus far. Good thing, too, because it's also the most expensive.
Quote by Stickymongoose
So, did you go with the combo or the head? I've been using the combo for about 8 months now. Probably the most rewarding gear purchase I've had thus far. Good thing, too, because it's also the most expensive.

Blonde Combo all the way man! Even when I'm not playing it, I literally stare at it in its Blonde/Oxblood glory. In my opinion, even from all of that stupid reissue stuff Fender makes, this is the best amp currently made by Fender.
awesome amp

but dude where are the pics?
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
awesome amp

but dude where are the pics?

Oh soon to come my friend. Soon to come!
Clips. naow.

I really want to hear this thing.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by tmfiore
Clips. naow.

I really want to hear this thing.

clips would be good

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
It does sound rather nice. Takes single coils or humbuckers well, but humbuckers make the distortion come alive. Cleans are pretty nice. Just not an amp I find myself using especially for over a thousand bucks.
Ahhhh very lucky. I played one just the other day (head plus 412 cab) The clean sounded beautiful, and yes I also did turn up the 2 gain knobs to 10. Beautiful as well. Although I do prefer the clean channel.

Edit: Eek! anyone that gets turned off by how it sounds, don't. It definetly sounds way better in person
Last edited by esp1234 at Jul 24, 2009,
Quote by esp1234

Edit: Eek! anyone that gets turned off by how it sounds, don't. It definetly sounds way better in person

THANK YOU! Someone who would actually get the gist of the clip! I'm not big on recording and the headphone out on my micro br is broken. So it was kinda difficult!