hey guys, just realized how ****ty my Digitech Death Metal and DS-1 are, i'm thinking of getting a Digitech Hardwire SC-2 or Tl-2

SC-2
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-Hardwire-Series-SC2-Valve-Distortion-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=500137

TL-2
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-Hardwire-Series-TL2-Metal-Distortion-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=500138

I'm on a budget, but i'm looking for high quality strong distortion for teh heavier Metal subgenres and metalcore
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
What amp do you have?
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
hey guys, just realized how ****ty my Digitech Death Metal and DS-1 are, i'm thinking of getting a Digitech Hardwire SC-2 or Tl-2

SC-2
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-Hardwire-Series-SC2-Valve-Distortion-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=500137

TL-2
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/DigiTech-Hardwire-Series-TL2-Metal-Distortion-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=500138

I'm on a budget, but i'm looking for high quality strong distortion for teh heavier Metal subgenres and metalcore

For metal core, you'll want something with a scoopable midrange. But, at the same time, something full sounding. The Lovepedal Plexi is a pretty sweet sounding distortion that can work for metal, in a less sterile way.

In all honesty, the Boss DS-1 has always been a reliable pedal for distortion in my experience. It's not about packing in as much gain as possible. If you do that, the notes with muddle together and you won't get the clarity heard in a lot of metal records. Listen to Black Dahlia Murder for example. They're not cramming in tons of gain, it's actually a very clear distortion.

PS: You should correct the grammatical error in your username
i have a valveking 212

and i love TBDM

and yes it is about cramming as much gain as possible, but you have to do it and not lose your notes, the DS-1 is too smooth of a distortion,i want more bite/crunch , plus it's lack of EQ controls makes it difficult to get the tone i want

i like good bass, boosted mids, and a semi-reduced treble to its not so biting on the high notes, so i can solo and not kill myself over the high frequencies.

and as for the grammatical error in my name; too many characters :/
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
Last edited by lifesuckstomuch at Jul 24, 2009,
I have the exact same pedals but I love my death metal ... the Ds-1 does suck
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
i have a valveking 212

and i love TBDM

and yes it is about cramming as much gain as possible, but you have to do it and not lose your notes, the DS-1 is too smooth of a distortion,i want more bite/crunch , plus it's lack of EQ controls makes it difficult to get the tone i want

i like good bass, boosted mids, and a semi-reduced treble to its not so biting on the high notes, so i can solo and not kill myself over the high frequencies.

and as for the grammatical error in my name; too many characters :/

DS-1 is one of the least smooth pedals I've ever heard! Try turning the gain down a bit and the level up to drive your preamp tubes harder.
Quote by lifesuckstomuch

the DS-1 is too smooth of a distortion,i want more bite/crunch , plus it's lack of EQ controls makes it difficult to get the tone i want

:/

if you have it modded, you won't have that problem and it will still be cheaper than buying another pedal
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Just get a bad monkey to boost and tighten and a fish n chips eq and use the VK lead channel.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by JayT44
I have the exact same pedals but I love my death metal ... the Ds-1 does suck

The DS-1 is pretty decent once you do some simple mods to it. After mods is where it really shines.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Mod the DS-1, the improvements are VAST, then go from there, maybe get a metal muff alongside a modded DS-1.