I will figure it out for you after my Breakfast and add it in.

It's a cool song.

edit;

e|-------------------------------|
B|-5---------2-----4------4--4---|
G|-6------4--2-----4------4--5---|
D|-6------2--2-----4------4--4---|
A|-4------0--0-----2-------------|
E|------------------------4-(4)--|

In chords;
C♯m - Asus2 - A - B - G♯m7 - G♯7

This is the main gist of it, but there are many voices, so other chords are implied by the other instruments adding to it.

I could make a list of how all the instruments in the composition work with each other, but that would takes ages to write down

The most important thing might be the inner voicing going on in the last 2 chords.

(I call this important, cause that convention has like the biggest/strongest effect compared to adding for example other extensions to the chords).

The m3 becomes a M3 and thus it turn the m7 chord in a Dom7.

This is because the G♯7 leads 'stronger' into the C♯m (then the G♯m7)and this is called a harmonic minor convention or in Roman numerals; V(7) - i

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jul 25, 2009,
Quote by xxdarrenxx
I will figure it out for you after my Breakfast and add it in.

It's a cool song.

edit;

e|-------------------------------|
B|-5---------2-----4------4--4---|
G|-6------4--2-----4------4--5---|
D|-6------2--2-----4------4--4---|
A|-4------0--0-----2-------------|
E|------------------------4-(4)--|

In chords;
C♯m - Asus2 - A - B - G♯m7 - G♯7

This is the main gist of it, but there are many voices, so other chords are implied by the other instruments adding to it.

I could make a list of how all the instruments in the composition work with each other, but that would takes ages to write down

The most important thing might be the inner voicing going on in the last 2 chords.

(I call this important, cause that convention has like the biggest/strongest effect compared to adding for example other extensions to the chords).

The m3 becomes a M3 and thus it turn the m7 chord in a Dom7.

This is because the G♯7 leads 'stronger' into the C♯m (then the G♯m7)and this is called a harmonic minor convention or in Roman numerals; V(7) - i

Thanks, mate

I love this song, it's one of my favorite by Vai. I decided to write an instrumental kind of like it, but I didn't know where to start, so I figured the chord progression in that certain passage would be a good thing to start with
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
Thanks, mate

I love this song, it's one of my favorite by Vai. I decided to write an instrumental kind of like it, but I didn't know where to start, so I figured the chord progression in that certain passage would be a good thing to start with

Np;

It's indeed a cool song.

He played it with my hometown's orchestra and I saw him perform life as well that year.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??