Just wondering - could trawl through all of their tabs, but if anyone knows if they've got any songs in those tunings that'd be great. I'd imagine, though...very few, if any? Eb would be acceptable too, I guess.
Lonely day is in Eb.

Most songs are in Drop C, but you can play them in Drop D.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
They are all in either Drop D and tune down 1 step or Drop D tune down 1 half step. There is nothing wrong however with playing them in a different key. Just play in drop D if you don't want to tune down so much.
I had to get a replacement after I broke my G string. What a pain in the ass!
Quote by Chop_Suey92
They only have drop B , drop C and drop c# ****.

They play in Drop C from their first album till Hypnotize. Hypnotize and Mesmerize were both in Drop C# (Drop Db) You can play lonely day in Eb and it sound right. ;]

edit: I forgot, What song did they play in drop B??? I'm 99% sure they only played in Drop C or Drop C#
Is it me or is the word 'drop' begining to not actually sound like a proper word any more? >.<

Ta for the help guys.
i thought lonely day was Eb standard?

also, all the other songs ive ever seen the tabs for were drop C. just play then in drop D if you're just wanting to screw around with it.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Revenga is in Drop D.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Quote by brush200400
They are all in either Drop D and tune down 1 step or Drop D tune down 1 half step. There is nothing wrong however with playing them in a different key. Just play in drop D if you don't want to tune down so much.

How would I play them in a different key? I must admit ignorance with musical theory - I know Guitar Pro has a transpose feature, and also a feature to automatically transpose to another tuning but it seems to cut out half the notes - I'm sure there must be a better way to do it?
just play in drop d what you would play in drop c. it will only sound 1 step higher
Drop C is just D standard with the lowest string dropped a step down...
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by TheElement0f0ne
They play in Drop C from their first album till Hypnotize. Hypnotize and Mesmerize were both in Drop C# (Drop Db) You can play lonely day in Eb and it sound right. ;]

edit: I forgot, What song did they play in drop B??? I'm 99% sure they only played in Drop C or Drop C#

I believe Sugar was played in Drop B.
Quote by conor1148
i thought lonely day was Eb standard?

also, all the other songs ive ever seen the tabs for were drop C. just play then in drop D if you're just wanting to screw around with it.

Lonely Day is in drop c#.
Quote by Simis
just play in drop d what you would play in drop c. it will only sound 1 step higher

2 semitones higher.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
All of their songs on their first three albums are in drop c (CDCFAd). All songs on their last two albums were in drop d flat (Db Ab Db Gb Bb eb). Except for the acoustic guitar in Question! Which is in E standard (EADGBe). Also, I believe that there is one song on those last two albums that is in the old drop c tuning. But I don't know which song it is. I don't play SOAD, I just listen to them.
Like everybody is saying, they're mostly a Drop C band but you can play it in drop D and it won't sound bad unless you try to play it along with the CD.
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack
wasn't the first song on the b.sides album.... chick'n'stew? I think that one was in drop B, I remember C being to high when I obsessively learned system songs as a kid