Page 1 of 2
Boycott maple syrup.

Why does the maple syrup industry have to pay for the bad record of the hunting industry. I'm from a small town where the economy is based on the maple industry. I can't understand why the small productors should lose some sales because of the baby seals.

Am I the only one raging?
Quote by bellette
Am I the only one raging?

Everyone hates PETA, don't worry
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
what's this all aboot?
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
**** that ****, I love maple syrup on my clubbed seals.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
They're trying to pressure the government to do something about it.

Thing is, like all of petas plans, it's not going to work.
this is an outrage!

i shall not have my waffles with out syrup!
you brought a hooker to church?
Quote by The Article
by buying this Canadian product, you are supporting Canadian cruelty.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
PETA makes me laugh. They are like the irritating loud mouth kid in class who nobody likes.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Canadian cruelty? Honestly? I'm going to start drinking maple syrup instead of water, just for them!
PETA needs to get off the morphine and stop blaming EVERYTHING for killing animals.

Oh, and Nietsche, awesome video.
Quote by hendrix_128
because its hot when two girls have sex. when two guys have sex, its ****ing gay.
Haha.

"Hey guys! Canada is killing seals! What should we do?"

"I know! Let's stop buying their syrup!"

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
so...is it like the bono thing?

"everytime i clap my hands a child in africa dies"

"everytime i put syrup on my pancakes a seal in canada dies"
Like anyone gives a ssh*t what PETA does.

I support peta
people
eating
tasty
animals
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by ghostnineone

everytime i put syrup on my pancakes, bono gets punched in the nads.

in all seriousness... PETA is has followed through in its ideals a bit to much. I mean the thought is good but the actions are just clownish.
All Hail the Mighty Mastodon

Hail them now, hail them good, hail them just like you should. My neck my back uuuuuuhhhh just like that.. .. .. wat?
Quote by ghostnineone

if in a non-realistic universe this happens, all the people people that lose their job because of this will go into the seal clubbing bussines just for the lulz
WAT

I'm against clubbing baby seals as much as the next guy, but what does that have to do with maple syrup? If anything, we should start buying more Canadian maple syrup, forcing the companies to hire more workers, and causing seal clubbers to leave that line of work for maple syrup manufacturing due to the hiring binge.
kill all humans
As angry as you are about your "small town community" PETA has every right under the constitution to protest whatever they please. Democracy will not be sacrificed to save your tinsel town economy.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by rigiddigits
Peta gives vegetarianism a bad name. Dirty hippies. This is as bad as the sea kittens incident.

I almost forgot about that

"People don't seem to like fish. They're slithery and slimy, and they have eyes on either side of their pointy little heads—which is weird, to say the least. Plus, the small ones nibble at your feet when you're swimming, and the big ones—well, the big ones will bite your face off if Jaws is anything to go by."

"Of course, if you look at it another way, what all this really means is that fish need to fire their PR guy—stat. Whoever was in charge of creating a positive image for fish needs to go right back to working on the Britney Spears account and leave our scaly little friends alone. You've done enough damage, buddy. We've got it from here. And we're going to start by retiring the old name for good. When your name can also be used as a verb that means driving a hook through your head, it's time for a serious image makeover. And who could possibly want to put a hook through a sea kitten?"
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
It strikes me as funny how Peta and similar groups are constantly harping on about stuff like 'equal rights for animals' yet they've obviously never taken time out to actually consider the implications of such a thing.

For example; if ever such a frankly ridiculous notion were to be implemented, we'd then be faced with a society in which we'd have to put a Cat on trial for murder everytime it kills a mouse, or likewise with a bird killing and eating a worm and so on.

The whole idea is completely absurd. Yet, many extreme Animal Rights activists don't seem to realise.
Am I the only one grasping at straws trying to find the correlation between seal clubbing and maple syrup? Perhaps it's like Pine tar used in baseball to get a better grip on the clubs
Quote by RU Experienced?
Am I the only one grasping at straws trying to find the correlation between seal clubbing and maple syrup? Perhaps it's like Pine tar used in baseball to get a better grip on the clubs

There is no correlation. And if there was one it'd be laughably tenuous.

It's comparable to boycotting German Sausages because of the Holocaust.
Quote by PeZ546
It strikes me as funny how Peta and similar groups are constantly harping on about stuff like 'equal rights for animals' yet they've obviously never taken time out to actually consider the implications of such a thing.

For example; if ever such a frankly ridiculous notion were to be implemented, we'd then be faced with a society in which we'd have to put a Cat on trial for murder everytime it kills a mouse, or likewise with a bird killing and eating a worm and so on.

The whole idea is completely absurd. Yet, many extreme Animal Rights activists don't seem to realise.
Er. When they are talking about equal rights, what they are talking about are the rights to life, liberty and freedom from torture.

Obviously non-human animals have no concept of morality, because morality is a human construct. We don't punish mentally ill people for murder in the same way that we do a human with the capacity to rationalise and to tell right from wrong.

Also, cats eat mice to live. Birds eat worms to live. Humans don't actually need to kill animals to survive, but the main thing is we can make a choice to do it or not.
Last edited by rigiddigits at Jul 24, 2009,
Quote by Highway60Bob
As angry as you are about your "small town community" PETA has every right under the constitution to protest whatever they please. Democracy will not be sacrificed to save your tinsel town economy.

Yeah, I know. But democracy is not a excuse for stupidity.
You crazy Canadians always clubbin' them seals.
Quote by bradulator
Iceland has the coolest women.
Quote by bellette
It's a great one. Gotta take the rough with the smooth.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire.
Quote by bellette

No one said it is, but I for one support their right to express aforementioned stupidity.
Quote by ghostnineone

I had to restrain myself from laughing out loud at work.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
As much as I hate people who go seal clubbing,
and I think it should stop,

boycotting maple syrup is a non sequitor.

It makes no sense.

try again PETA.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by BladeSlinger
I had to restrain myself from laughing out loud at work.

PETA don't know what their talking about or what their doing, seriously whats next boycott ketchup?
I drink your milkshake.
Page 1 of 2