so for some reason i just remembered a failish story, me was the one who failed

intro if you want it:

year ago i took up piano, had a teacher for about 3 or 4 months, she didnt really like me, cos she was used to teaching small kids and they were kinda afraid of her, but i talked with her like we were equal musicians (since i had some understanding of music cos i have already been playing guitar 2-3 years). so i played Bach's pieces in my own way usually, she is very classically-trained musician, didnt really like when i improvised (even with various touch and feel to the composition and so on). first i liked her cos she seemed kinda piano god to me, but at the end we were annoying each other. she kept saying a had an awful character, so i decided to tell her im busy and play on my own (btw i have been playing on my own all this time at progressed a lot, so i do not regret it)

sorry for long introduction, i felt it had to be here to understand my fail better.
so you see she is very conservative (although she was in her 30s), she didnt like rock music (she found omg pink floyd heavy for her ), and i was at that time into metal stuff at least at half
one of our first lessons (actually second) was in my appartment

we played a bit, at the end we talked and she asked what music i liked. i said rock music, she kindly made me understand that its not kvlt tru3 in her eyes, and than i though - hmm, what if - she likes classical music a lot, why dont i give her a listen of some Apocalyptica songs (earlier stuff ofc)?

well, i told her about hairy band playing awful rock music on violins, she wanted to hear it... and
i open my iTunes, and the whole screen was featuring 2 following album arts:
http://kjobben.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/tomb_of_the_mutilated.jpg
http://z.about.com/d/heavymetal/1/0/8/Y/-/-/cannibalcorpse-butchered.jpg

you cant imagine how embarrassed i was
but she was just... shocked

no i dont really listen to CC if you ask, just a couple of songs i find tasteful
Last edited by Regensgeliebte at Jul 24, 2009,
You should have played Hate Eternal at a high volume. That would've showed her.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I only understood half of what you wrote, but I get what you mean.

lol
If The Sun Refused To Shine
I Would Still Be Loving You
Mountains Crumble To The Sea
There Would Still Be You And Me

My Stuff
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Roland Cube 30X
Washburn Acoustic
Dunlop CryBaby
Want to hear about how I almost won the lottery?
Quote by bradulator
Iceland has the coolest women.
Ouch. Man that is sour.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
im 12 years old and what is this?
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
you seem proud that your album artwork shocks normal people...grow up
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
and have you talked to her since? or does she have a restraining order against you
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by Regensgeliebte
Do you want to hear about (almost) epic fail?
Not really

Can a brotha get a TL;DR?
Quote by ctb
Reported. Blog it.

Why did you report it for gods sake? There's nothing here that is in any way bad; if its for the album art, any 4 year old can see it in a music store. You don't happen to work for walmart or apple do you? Coz Trent Reznor don't likey.
What is a k vault three?
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.

sir, you misunderstood me. i'm no way proud about it. i think the same way as you do about people who would be proud if they were me.
Why did she react badly?

Clear the first album is JS Bach's Well Tempered Clavier Book 2 and the second is Mendelssohn's Symphony No. 3.

Silly bitch.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
so, i even cant post link to it?
- You may not post any extremely graphic or violent imagery, links to sites containing such imagery, or express any racist or hateful sentiments anywhere on UG.
Quote by Venice King

Someones having a bad day. Wna talk about it?
no happy ending?

nope
she listened to apocalyptica with her eyes wide open, saying its rather emotional at the end
Quote by Regensgeliebte
so i played Bach's pieces in my own way usually, she is very classically-trained musician, didnt really like when i improvised (even with various touch and feel to the composition and so on).

It's understandable that you feel unreasonably restrained by your teacher when it comes to how to play. However, for Bach especially, one must play it in a specific way in order to achieve the sound that Bach was going for, which was independent polyphonic voices. Without playing it precisely in a certain way, the voices get muddied and don't sound coherent. However, as you get more and more familiar with Bach, you should be allowed room to improvise and add your own touches, as Glenn Gould often did. But then again, it's Glenn Gould...

Btw, Apocalyptica is nothing similar to classical music at all. Just because they play cellos doesn't mean they're automatically classical.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jul 24, 2009,
Quote by Regensgeliebte
is my english that bad?

Yes.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by Regensgeliebte
so, i even cant post link to it?

Man don't worry about it one bit, this is cyber fascism here; you've got some over grown children with napolean complex trying to have some power or authority for once in their lives, by thinking they are the preservers of all that is good and holy on UG.

If they were to take their heads out of their a$$es for one minute, they would look at this link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/compact_discs/cannibal_corpse/tomb_of_the_mutilated/index.html

OMG ITS A REVIEW FOR THAT ALBUM SHOWING THE VERY SAME ARTWORK YOU POSTED SO NOW THEY SHOULD REPORT UG TO.......UG!

etc.

Some people need to chill
It's understandable that you feel unreasonably restrained by your teacher when it comes to how to play. However, for Bach especially, one must play it in a specific way in order to achieve the sound that Bach was going for, which was independent polyphonic voices. Without playing it precisely in a certain way, the voices get muddied and don't sound coherent. However, as you get more and more familiar with Bach, you should be allowed room to improvise and add your own touches, as Glenn Gould often did. But then again, it's Glenn Gould...

i understand all this stuff about classical music, i know it isnt like jazz or blues in any way, but if i try to play piece the same way over and over again, it gets boring. and i think it helps to learn the instrument if i experiment with touch and feeling my mood wants to show. actually i can play Bach the way it should be
and ye, i think independece of each voice can be emphasized in a number of ways

Btw, Apocalyptica is nothing similar to classical music at all. Just because they play cellos doesn't mean they're automatically classical.

cmon, i am not that stupid. i just wanted to tempt her with a violin

Yes.

i guess my main faults are weird sentence constructions?
Last edited by Regensgeliebte at Jul 24, 2009,