basically guys, i just have this block going on right now. no matter what i try to play, i can't seem to find enough inspiration for another song.. even though half of mine aren't good enough anyways. how often does this happen to you guys? and how did you overcome it? i've been stuck for almost a month and i can't do anyting
Quote by venom0014
look on the bright side, at least your not black.
that happened to me once.just force yourself to write nd it will come back
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
There is nothing you can do about it.
Move on with your life.
Inspiration strikes me when I can;t go anything with it.
But I move on. Doesn't matter.
Why? because there is more to care about.
(not that you wanted to hear this)

And nietsche: your advice is really lame for someone with that kind of reputation! Ofcourse you won't get any followers!
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Neo Evil11 at Jul 24, 2009,
Try to find a way to be happy. My girlfriend makes me incredibly happy, so after I see her, I play my guitar or write lyrics and somehow I have a ton of inspiration
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Write a lot. It doesn't even really have to make sense, just don't stop writing. Once you start writing, you'll think of other things to write about, and maybe get some ideas.
Quote by kxy1992
Try to find a way to be happy. My girlfriend makes me incredibly happy, so after I see her, I play my guitar or write lyrics and somehow I have a ton of inspiration

Your life is in the wrong order:
play with your girlfriend and look at your guitar.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
well thanks guys for being good sports about it, at least all but nietsche. i really appreciate the "methods" or however you look at it, thanks again
Quote by venom0014
look on the bright side, at least your not black.
Quote by metalclash22
well thanks guys for being good sports about it, at least all but nietsche. i really appreciate the "methods" or however you look at it, thanks again

go watch a movie.
That usually makes my brain work overtime and get perfect inspiration
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Listen to a genre of music you would normally never go near.

Even if I don't particularly like it, I can normally find something to inspire me in something new.
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
Quote by kxy1992
Wrong.

The best music comes when you are sad, usually, if not full-on depressed.

Quote by StrayCatBlues
Listen to a genre of music you would normally never go near.

Even if I don't particularly like it, I can normally find something to inspire me in something new.
Right.

Listen to something completely new, just to give yourself a completely new perspective on music. If you prefer metal (like most of UG), you probably have a very limited view on music. Stay entirely away from it for a while. Start listening to some new bands in completely different genres, like electro, or indie, or emo, or jazz, or hip-hop, or anything, really. Head over to the B&A forum and click on a sub-forum you have never been to before, and look up some bands mentioned there.

You're basically just out of ideas right now. Get some new ones.
kill all humans
listen to jazz
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
This will solve everything:

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Neo Evil11
Your life is in the wrong order:
play with your girlfriend and look at your guitar.

Why didnt i think of that?
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Quote by Neo Evil11
go watch a movie.

this, a great piece of cinema usually gets my mind flowing
Quote by Neo Evil11
go watch a movie.
Or a book
Take a break from writing your own. Make arrangements of existing music.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Hey, you can play a game with me this weekend. It's called the 20 song game.

Devote an entire day to only writing songs. Don’t leave the house or anything. The aim is start in the morning and have 20 original songs written by the end of the day. Working to a deadline arrantly helps unleash your creativity. Remember doing homework in high school and how you did all your best stuff the night before the deadline?

If the songs are sh*t, that doesn't matter. You can’t write 20 songs in a day and expect them all to be good. So don't be too hard on judging yourself, the goal is just to write.

The whole day will be a crazy, adrenalin-fuelled adventure.

I'm doing it tomorrow (Sunday, 10 am -10 pm).
I have actually found that I can come up with my best stuff when I listen to my amp through headphones. I don't know, something about the sound being directed straight into my ears makes it seem, sort of, "official". Like it's an actual song.
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)