Hey guys,

I've been browsing through the forums, and seeing as you have a nice community here, thought I'd ask you for some help.
About 2-2,5 months ago I decided to start playing the guitar, and I could get a (don't laugh) cheap 3/4 classic guitar with an action about 1cm at frets above 12.
So I decided it's time for an electric

I don't have a really big budget, so I've been looking though reviews, videos, and everything, in order to get a good quality/price ratio.
So far I got my eyes on the Ibanez rgr321ex (I love reverse headstocks )
When it comes to the amp, that's where the problem is really.
You see, here in Hungary, there isn't the same collection of amps like on american markets (Almost no mesa boogie, and only one peavey retailer, which has really inflated prices)
Also, I mainly want to play thrash metal, but a nice clean sound is always a bonus.
My choices(In order of preference):

EDIT: Amp decided, Roland Micro Cube

Feel free to recommend anything other than the choices I made.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Altefnegy at Jul 28, 2009,
Vox have great amps.... but there metal sounds are bad. My second amp was a Valvetronix, It has great sounds and a lot of warmth, but for metal I had to buy an extra pedal because the Vox did everything well, except that
The roland cube is a nice amp
i'd reccomend it
Last edited by J Mud at Jul 24, 2009,
You could probably ebay a Cube for pretty cheap. The RG is a good choice for harder stuff, but I'd look for an RG that was HSH, just to give you a bit more versatility.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
the rgr321 is the same thing as the rg321 except with the reversed headstock, isn't it? if so, that'd work.

for the amp, if you can stretch, a roland cube 30x would be a lot better than the 15x if you ask me, because it has a lot more amp models which the 15x doesn't have. for metal you want the r-fier and metal stack amp models, kind of thing, and the 15x doesn't have them.

if you can't stretch to the 30x, you could consider the microcube, it should be a similar price to the 15x, and although it doesn't have as many amp models as the 30x, has a lot more than the 15x (which actually has stompbox models, which aren't as good).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for the help guys.
Quote by bv310
You could probably ebay a Cube for pretty cheap. The RG is a good choice for harder stuff, but I'd look for an RG that was HSH, just to give you a bit more versatility.

I've been looking into the rg350dx/ex as well, but it costs about 20k HUF(~106$) more, and following Dave_mc's advice, I'd rather spend that on a better amp.
yeah, good call. also it has a double-locking trem, and the cheaper ibanez double-locking trems aren't great. if you want a guitar with a locking trem, you want to make sure it's a good one or it'll be more bother than it's worth, kind of thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, it seems that I'll be getting the Ibanez RGR321EX, but I could get the discontinued 2007 version with the EMG designed pickups, or the newer one with INF1 and INF2 pickups(I'd prefer this because of the 5way selector) Though I only got to try out the one with the EMG designed pups. Any opinion on which is better?

(Also I'll buy the Roland Microcube, but all of the guitar stores I went to, was out of them so I couldn't give it a try)

Edit: sorry for asking a little too much, I just don't want to waste my money on stuff hat I'd regret buying a year later
Last edited by Altefnegy at Jul 27, 2009,
i haven't tried the emg designed ones. from what i can remember, the infs were pretty meh, but the emg-designed ones could be as bad.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
go with the micro cube or 30x cube. They get a pretty good metal tone for a modelling amp. Im just assuming vypers are out of your range/ area. There peaveys new modelling amp and they are by far my favorite.