So despite price difference and features which of these would you say would produce the best recording quality? I have heard GREAT things about the 2.0 but the is the X3 the same or better because it uses USB? give me your opinions
In all honesty you could get the same recording quality from a cheap interface and PODfarm. If its quality you are after I'd recommend a nice tube preamp with recording functionality.
WTLTL 2011
the X3 has much newer amp/effects models and you can record through USB 2.0. plus it has dual tone, and bass. if you're not doing anything other than recording, i would just get the POD studio
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
well i guess what im trying to ask is USB recording better than other direct style recording? or like Mark said, would it all be the same?
^Depends really. But between the two, the X3 wins no contest, but for $100 you could get a POD Studio GX which will have as good, if not better quality.
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
hmm well i guess I like the X3 because it makes a great effects pedal too, because im not JUST going to use it for recording
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
the X3 has much newer amp/effects models and you can record through USB 2.0. plus it has dual tone, and bass. if you're not doing anything other than recording, i would just get the POD studio

Just wondering, does the studio + the software have the dual tone **** too?
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by Popsai
Just wondering, does the studio + the software have the dual tone **** too?

POD farm has dual tone
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.