well??
Im gasing again and im preety poor. I been looking at some gear and I decided to get a bugera 333XL 212 and a rg550 in DY. But i dont have enough money
so should I either
get a bugera which is like 600 and get a rg350M which looks preety much like the rg550 in DY but has a edge 3 and is more crap.
or
get a rg550 in DY and get like a VOX VT30 or something in that sort? I dunno
help is welcome and more suggestions on gear also welcome
Depends on what you're doing with your playing, like if you're in a band or if you're playing at home? Most of the time though, it's get a better amp rather than guitar.

A good guitar through a poor amp will sound poor
A poor guitar through a good amp will sound alright.
Definitely get the Bugera and a non-Ibanez used guitar. In my experience, I haven't yet played a decent Ibanez but that's my opinion. I recommend a Jackson or even Epi.

Amps make up more of your tone than anything so that's first priority.
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
good amp, bad guitar for me, although in my rig my guitar is slightly better than my amp :P
Gear -

Gibson 1967 flying V (cherry)!

Marshall JCM2000 half stack

Boss SD-1

Check out my Metal band KickFist at www.myspace.com/Kickfist
Get the amp now, keep using your current guitar, save for a bit longer, it won't hurt that much, and you'll feel much better eventually, and then get a second hand RG550.

You'd have to get a second hand RG550 anyway, you can't get them new anymore, even the anniversary models. a bit of patience, and you'll have the beaut amp and the fantastic guitar.
someone on UG (can't remember who) once said that 80-90% of your tone comes from your amp
the thing is i already sold my guitar. i saw a rg550 for 450 on ebay and i think if im lukcy i could get a rg550 20th anv for maybe 500-600 hopefully..
also the rg350M is 400 new and i cant find any for used and im not buying something new so i mihgt have to choose something differnt
Well that's a no brainer, if a RG550 costs 450, and a 350 costs 400, you get the 550. But I imagine that 550 is only 450 at this moment and will shoot up by the end of the auction, or is that buy it now price?
Quote by JackleCube
Get the amp now, keep using your current guitar, save for a bit longer, it won't hurt that much, and you'll feel much better eventually, and then get a second hand RG550.

You'd have to get a second hand RG550 anyway, you can't get them new anymore, even the anniversary models. a bit of patience, and you'll have the beaut amp and the fantastic guitar.

this

/thread
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
well if you have no guitar it makes sense to get a guitar first. Could always play unplugged while saving for amp.

I love how everyone says buy a new amp first, but a new guitar will keep you more interested and motivated to practice because it's your instrument after all. If you're just a bedroom shredder then I would recommend a guitar first.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
well if you have no guitar it makes sense to get a guitar first. Could always play unplugged while saving for amp.

I love how everyone says buy a new amp first, but a new guitar will keep you more interested and motivated to practice because it's your instrument after all. If you're just a bedroom shredder then I would recommend a guitar first.

well if you sound better then your'll be more intrested in playing. I might have a gig soon thats sort of the reason im selling my 5 watt tube
i think im going to get the amp first but then i dont know what to do about the guitar i dont want to spend 400 on something with a edge 3
Honestly yes a bad guitar with a good amp will sound better than a bad amp with a good guitar but if it was me, I wouldn't want to play a bad guitar because I would hate how it feels and not want to play guitar. Get the 550 and used amp off craigslist that you can live with. Save up some money and sell that amp then buy the Bugera ( if you really want it ).

I was lucky and before buying a Bugera saw a Hughes and Kettner Switchblade for 600 on craigslist. Dayum was I happy.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Its all about what is good enough for you. A really bad guitar would not be enjoyable to play. A very poor amp would not sound too good and also not help. You just need to find out thhe right balance for you. For me I need a guitar that plays well and sounds good first. There are plenty of good second hand guitars and amps about if you have a good look round which will save you money.
Quote by DIFTWOOD
well??
Im gasing again and im preety poor. I been looking at some gear and I decided to get a bugera 333XL 212 and a rg550 in DY. But i dont have enough money
so should I either
get a bugera which is like 600 and get a rg350M which looks preety much like the rg550 in DY but has a edge 3 and is more crap.
or
get a rg550 in DY and get like a VOX VT30 or something in that sort? I dunno
help is welcome and more suggestions on gear also welcome

Edge III isn't all that bad like it's just very much a question of the reliability but if you just get it set up right and don't do anything stupid like hang your guitar via the ****ing whammy bar. Anyway just get the new amp and the RG350 the worse thing that could be with the 350 is the trem otherwise it's an okay-ish guitar.
Go with the amp and the 350. From personal experience, its a good guitar for the money. The stock pups leave a bit to be desired but it's all good apart from that. The trem will last as long as you dont abuse it
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
Base your decision on the playability of the guitar rather than the sound of the amp. If you can't play your guitar...why buy it?
I want the good guitar everytime.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I mean i'd get a new guitar everytime, but im a bit of a noob that way and have little or no patience, couldn't you get the guitar then borrow or rent an amp for the gig. Cos tbh what would you rather have at a gig, a sweet guitar or a nice amp - is anyone really going to notice the amp but you?

Get the G!
When you are past the stage of noob, you then become a geek.....

Epiphones are the way forward! <3
Dont buy the RG with the Edge III see if you can get one with no tremelo.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Thanks for the replies guys
since my S470DX didnt sell on ebay FML
ill have to sort of change my gear plan . I think i almost got a trade down for a rg2570EVSL which i dont really know anything about. Im still looking for an awsome amp to buy but not sure which. I dont know about the bugera since it might be too "metal" for meh
Quote by wildwildwes594
Definitely get the Bugera and a non-Ibanez used guitar. In my experience, I haven't yet played a decent Ibanez but that's my opinion. I recommend a Jackson or even Epi.

Amps make up more of your tone than anything so that's first priority.

1+

Read the Sig!
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
This argument always kills me. As someone with an extensive electronics background I can tell you that no amp can make up for a bad sound source entirely. If anything a really good amp just highlites the flaws in your sound even more. It's also kind of misleading with good/bad ratings as you can buy a half decent used amp for less than a low/mid level new guitar. Buy the best guitar yuo can afford and it'll last you... you cvan easily rent a decent amp for gigs when your practise amp can keep up. Just so you're aware, there are many famous players that only take their guitar from gig to gig and rely on the "house" amp. (BB King for one)
Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at Jul 26, 2009,
Correct answer is:
1. Get a COMFORTABLE guitar that you're fairly happy with
2. Get a good sounding amp.
3. Save up, and sell the crappy guitar that felt alright to get a great guitar that feels and sounds AWESOME!
4. ?????
5. PROFIT!!!
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
the cheap ibanez stock pups on the lower priced model are gonna sound muddy and **** through the bugera anyways. trust me, i know from playing my cheap ibanez through my bugera. however, it's better than playing a really expensive ibanez through a crappy amp.

imo buy the amp and keep saving for the more expensive guitar. don't buy the cheapy jsut cause you want something now - be patient and you won't regret your choice to hold off.
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)