View poll results: Which one?
TS808
5 28%
OCD
11 61%
Other
2 11%
Voters: 18.
I have a Classic 30 and an Epi Les Paul, and I am in need of an overdrive. So. TS808, or OCD? I'm going for a Gn'R, Wolfmother type of tone. What are the pro's and con's of each? Or is there a clear winner? Or another pedal? Ha, thanks to everyone who responds.
Quote by Darkflame
i tried the tubescreamer and thought it didn't make such a difference when turned on
i went with an MXR GT-OD and it sounds great, can get quite crunchy too, definitely my recommendation

+1
This or the Distortion III (also MXR)
The name is misleading, its actually pretty good as a boost.
I only really used my tubescreamer to push my tube amp. Didn't actually use much of the gain.
I don't have any experience with the OCD so I can't comment. Apparently they're really good.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
using an OCD as a boost would be a waste, on the other hand a tubescreamer works great as a boost. You can prolly pick one up used for around $50 too.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by lbj273
using an OCD as a boost would be a waste, on the other hand a tubescreamer works great as a boost. You can prolly pick one up used for around $50 too.

True.

Actually, now that I think about it, a Keeley modded TS-9 would be good.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Quote by SaulnierE
But no OCD as a boost?

probably not....
If you want a complete clean boost, the modtone clean boost is good for pushing a tube amp. You can also use it as a treble or bass reducer.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
the OCD is a beastly pedal, dont get the wrong idea about it. But it isn't as good of a boost as other pedals. Where it shines is on the clean channel with its gain at least halfway up, or on a semi dirty tone with similar settings.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
The OCD is a super badass boost, I don't know what you guys are thinking.

Not to mention, as a stand-alone OD, it sounds frikkin' sweet.

OCD all the way.
Quote by lbj273

Quote by lbj273
the OCD is a beastly pedal, dont get the wrong idea about it. But it isn't as good of a boost as other pedals. Where it shines is on the clean channel with its gain at least halfway up, or on a semi dirty tone with similar settings.

Actually, it works excellently as a boost.
I use it for just that all the time. Gives thick creamy leads and all that I want from it.
Just as good for that as anything else.
Quote by Mitchell?
The OCD is a super badass boost, I don't know what you guys are thinking.

Not to mention, as a stand-alone OD, it sounds frikkin' sweet.

OCD all the way.

+1