Page 1 of 3
Hey Guys! First post!

Anyway was just wondering if you've heard of this new festival. Starts on the 1st of August and its not sold out yet due to it being in its first year but it has a killer lineup imo!
Anyway the last few announcements were a few days ago.
Paradise Lost were announced to start the festival on the Sunday and Bjorn Again announced to play on the Saturday playing abba tracks in a hard rock/heavy metal style They also will be playing a metallica song in their encore, voted by the sonisphere forums. http://www.sonisphereforums.com Hopefully Dyer's Eve will be picked
The Fuel girls will also be at Sonisphere, self confirmed on their site...http://www.fuelgirls.co.uk/tour.asp
And finally, after hearing speculation that Dan Nelson had quit Anthrax causing their EU tour to be cancelled, people were crossing their fingers that they would not have to drop out of the Sonisphere lineup. Last night the announcement came that instead of dropping out, Anthrax will play a one off performance with their old vocalist John Bush. A performance that's not to be missed.

The lineup poster now looks like this:

So that's Sonisphere for 2009, next weekend. Looking to be an awesome weekend. Actually can't wait!
For anyone who's planning to buy a last minute ticket please use my founder's member code to get into a free party on the Friday night. My code is
1k953739

and the link to buy tickets is http://www.seetickets.com/sonisphere...ller3=FOUNDERSThanks alot Guys
I'm pretty sure there's been threads on this.. but meh, I'm not one to hold a grudge..

(post filled with a lack of sense)
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by will123456789
I'm pretty sure there's been threads on this.. but meh, I'm not one to hold a grudge..

(post filled with a lack of sense)

ahh sorry. Forgot to do a search Gonna be awesome, i'm psyched to be going.
Quote by Surfer Rosa
NIN and Metallica on one stage = win

Don't forget lamb of God
Wall of death anyone?

So if anyone is gonna buy tickets please use my fmc code so I can get my rank up plus you get free entry to a party with djs, live music and a burlesque show
This morning the lineup poster was changed with a new special guest slot added!
Going by rumours it is very likely that Machine Head will come back and reclaim their old slot at the festival! Making the lineup even better! It's also rumoured that the announcement will be made over the new Metal Hammer radio show on NME radio station tonight which is from 7pm till 9pm. Tune in

The lineup poster looks like this...
I want to go, but out of money

Alice in ****in' Chains!!!
Fender American Strat
-
Fender Tuner | Dunlop Wah | BD-2 | DS-2 | MXR Distortion III | Phase 90 | Small Clone | Carbon Copy
-
Blackstar HT-5 | Orange PPC 112
I'm going to this Can't wait! Gonna be my first (and likely last) time seeing NIN, and there's loads of other bands there that I'm really looking forward to (LP, Coheed, Oceansize, Twin Atlantic, Metallica).

I didn't even notice the new Special Guests slot o:
Wonder who's filling that, it would be good if Machine Head came back =]
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
i'm going too!
mastodon is going to be killer!

Quote by JoeCool91

For anyone who's planning to buy a last minute ticket please use my founder's member code to get into a free party on the Friday night. My code is
1k953739

friday night party code?

explain... ?
i flew beyond the sun before it was time
I wonder if Bjorn Again can do a better job with Dyer's Eve than Metallica do these days :-/
PLEASE let Machine Head come back!

*subscribed*

someone PLEASE post when the special guests are confirmed?

will giveth e-cookies
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by fives+sevens
i'm going too!
mastodon is going to be killer!

friday night party code?

explain... ?

basically because Sonisphere is in it's first year and doesn't get the media coverage festivals like Download and Reading & Leeds do, they came up with this idea where the people who bought their tickets first got a founder's member code like the one I posted. It's their job to just tell other about the festival and its lineup. When someone uses the code as a reward for that person they get invited to a free party on the friday night with live music, dj's, a burlesque show and HOPEFULLY free booze As a reward to the person who gave them the code they get a free tshirt for the first person who uses it and the rewards get better the more people who use it Hoping to get a few people to use mine if I can
so a few people can use the same code?

cause' free stuff is my favourite kind of stuff
i flew beyond the sun before it was time
I really fancied going on the sunday but unfortunately I have no way of getting back.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by fives+sevens
so a few people can use the same code?

cause' free stuff is my favourite kind of stuff

lmaoo yes lots of people can use the same code when buying tickets.
the rewards are as follows...
if one person uses it : a Sonisphere tshirt
if two people use it: 2 Sonisphere tshirts
if 4 people use it: A free ticket to Sonisphere 2010
if 7 people use it: A VIP ticket to Sonisphere 2010

Not bad really plus the more people who use it and come to Sonisphere, the better this year's festival will be and next years festival as more revenue brought in this year means bigger and better bands next year
Quote by duncang
I really fancied going on the sunday but unfortunately I have no way of getting back.

Train or Bus can't be too expensive?
Not exactly my taste in bands, but should be a good time none the less. Have fun those who are attending.
Any confirmations for the Special Guest slot then?
Quote by fleajr_1412

Quote by Dopey_Trout
Any confirmations for the Special Guest slot then?

It never got announced on the radio show
infact the Sonisphere twitter guy suggested that the slot may be left as special guest until the actual festival as a surprise
Hey man, can I use the code if Ive alreayd got a ticket??
I cant wait!!!
Last edited by the1 at Jul 26, 2009,
Should be working there behind the bar, if the company ever contact me to tell me where I'm supposed to go etc.
going for the sunday, woohoo!
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
I shit you not, I was offered a free press/photo ticket and pass, all I had to do was get there.

Unfortunatly I am so skint I can't afford to get there or afford to eat and get drunk .
Quote by the1
Hey man, can I use the code if Ive alreayd got a ticket??
I cant wait!!!

sorry man you can only use the code if youre buying tickets
But quite a few people going from here! Awesome news tbh see you guys in the pits
Really tempted to go on the sunday now... Especially if tickets are still avaliable.
Quote by Skitgraves
Really tempted to go on the sunday now... Especially if tickets are still avaliable.

If you do go try and use my code if you can please Hope to see you there!
i'm there

can't wait

can wait for the drive though, 179 frigging miles!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by JoeCool91
If you do go try and use my code if you can please Hope to see you there!

Sure thing.

Anyone know if you can pickup tickets there or something (print them off perhaps?)
It seems alittle late for them to get here in time in the post...
Last edited by Skitgraves at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by IndieMetalhead
i'm there

can't wait

can wait for the drive though, 179 frigging miles!

Pfft, I'm driving from Edinburgh
Quote by fleajr_1412

Quote by Skitgraves
Sure thing.

Anyone know if you can pickup tickets there or something (print them off perhaps?)
It seems alittle late for them to get here in time in the post...

You can get print off tickets from see tickets
Quote by JoeCool91
You can get print off tickets from see tickets

Great. thanks.
I thought I'd be able to be couldnt check without buying.

I'll definatley be off then providing theres still tickets left in a few days time.

To use your code would I have to use the link you gave or can I just go through seetickets.com and make my way through that way?

(Your links not working, so if I do need it could you kindly repost?)
Last edited by Skitgraves at Jul 26, 2009,
**** you guys hahaha

from scotland to knebworth, you getting early bird camping or anything?

me and my mate have got someone to take our tent for us on the sunday so i'm having a relaxed drive, probably be there mid friday afternoon!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Page 1 of 3