In This song at about 2:40 when Synyster Gates' solo starts how does he make that sound? is he just pulling his floyd up repeatedly or is it something else? And I'm assuming whatever he's doing with his left hand is just making it look cool?
Quote by Bigsteve92
In This song at about 2:40 when Synyster Gates' solo starts how does he make that sound? is he just pulling his floyd up repeatedly or is it something else? And I'm assuming whatever he's doing with his left hand is just making it look cool?

Yeah as far as I can tell he's just whammying a harmonic.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Bigsteve92

no hes hitting a natural harmonic and bending it back with his whammy
High Templar of the UG Secret Society
PM SickMetal or Sanitarium24 to join.
aNOMaly
He probally plays a harmonic then just lifts up his floyd rose... It would probally sound better as a dive bomb though... He also just uses his left hand to be amazingly awesome... Because he can

Kidsan (:
anybody link me / explain whammying natural harmonics? my internet's being pathetically slow tonight and it wont load search results
Quote by Bigsteve92
anybody link me / explain whammying natural harmonics? my internet's being pathetically slow tonight and it wont load search results

Well, you just do a natural harmonic and change the pitch with the whammy bar.
Making it squeal.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
There's really nothing to explain. He just plays a harmonic and then uses the whammy bar while it's ringing.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.