So i've been kinda anxious about ordering my laptop for college. Today i made the plunge and placed the order myself, my father said he is going to give me 500 bucks to use on that. I assumed he would transfer over to my bank account. When I told him i made the order he then told me he wanted to use his credit card and have me give him the difference. So then i was like "FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU", but then proceded to call newegg to try to change the payment card. Turns out they had already charged the card and could not do any modifications. They could either let it process or try to cancell the order. By try it meant they would go through the process of cancelling but could not guarantee that it would cancel and if it did it would take 3-5 days for me to receive my money back. So there is a chance that 2-3 business days from now i would receive the laptop but id have to refuse shipment.

TL,DR

I was trying to get my laptop as soon as possible and now i have to wait even longer due to my over excitement.

Anyone else have ironic experiences like this?
Yeah, I opened the thread and was really excited about how awesome it would be.

And then...
The playground of the world
the irony is that I dont have any ironic moments in a thread about irony. Wait..that was just an ironic moment. *head explodes*
IT'S LIKE RAIIIIIIIN, ON YOUR WEDDING DAY!

On topic, yes, I have.
I drove past my friends house, and saw that his car was written off. I decided to pull over at the next layby to call him and laugh. This resulted in me crashing.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Last edited by Fleabag at Jul 24, 2009,
*puts on some Alanis Morrisette*

woah.. all these experiences are so Ironic!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by will123456789
*puts on some Alanis Morrisette*

woah.. all these experiences are so Ironic!
None of the things described in that song are ironic. Just unfortunate. Hell none of the stuff in this thread is really ironic
Last edited by Nietsche at Jul 24, 2009,
the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

Does not mean an amusing coincidence.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt

or when someone opposite happens of what is expected
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt

his story had literary irony. by trying to do one thing the opposite happened
Then there's dramatic Irony in which words have a significance known the the audience or listener but not to the speaker.
Last edited by Data Helmet at Jul 24, 2009,
Everyone's word for the day: Coincidence.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
One of my English teachers told me to use "Irony" instead of "Sarcasm" in one of my essays because it sounds smarter.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115