Alright, so I was at the local music store with my buddy and I saw the most beautiful guitar I've ever seen. It was a Ibanez Artcore AFS75T in midnight blue. We grabbed it and went into their practice room. My buddy went to plug it in, but much to our surprise something really f*cked up and he ended up getting shocked/burnt. The sales guy comes running up to us freaking out asking if we should get a lawyer.

He was going to say no, for luckily for him he was unhurt, but I took him aside and formed a plan.

he told the manager or boss (not quite sure) if he knocked of a bit of cash off the guitar that we wouldn't really make a big fuss.

I ended up getting the guitar for 350.

Alright, now I'm somewhat new to guitar. I had the intent of getting a VM Squier and ended up getting what is quickly turning into my dream guitar. I need some advice though. I only have a micro cube and a bass amp. I need recommendations for my next amp. I'm all over the place when it comes to what I want it to sound like, though I like to play with loud/soft dynamics and flanger. I'd also like to know a few suggestions if I decided on changing the pickups later.
Well whats your price range?
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
congrats on ur new guitar, u cheating low-life. u fit in with the rest of us UG'ers
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
move this to the GG&A forums. You'll get more responses there.

Anyways, whats the budget for the amp?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by leftyace
Well whats your price range?

Well, I don't have much right now but i'm willing to save up. Lets say 300-500 bucks though I'm willing to spend more if you guys have something mind blowing.
Sweet and we need some pics
As for the amp we really need to know your price range
Edit: ^Yeah we sue for everything
Last edited by Rhoads_1096 at Jul 24, 2009,
Quote by JackleCube
Since when did electric shocks warrant lawyers? You Americans....

People sue Mc Donald's for getting fat...
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by JackleCube
Since when did electric shocks warrant lawyers? You Americans....

The wiring in the building is faulty, or so the dude said. Pretty sure unsafe building is against the rules, not to mention IT SET MY BLACK FRIEND ON FIRE.
for the amp: B-52 AT-112 combo?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
But then the unsafe building would be down to the manufacturer, not the retailer, so I don't see why they'd sell it cheap. But regardless, this isn't a political debate, you just scored a sweet guitar and a great price, nice one.
Quote by CountFrapula
The wiring in the building is faulty, or so the dude said. Pretty sure unsafe building is against the rules, not to mention IT SET MY BLACK FRIEND ON FIRE.

This right here makes it a hate crime.

America doesn't make sense
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
If the building has faulty wiring that makes it a horrible place for a guitar shop, he'd have to have power conditioners everywhere.

What sort of genres do you play? You should pretty much scan craigslist in your area... I would immediately suggest Carvin x2112b combos or something but that would be me.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
If the building has faulty wiring that makes it a horrible place for a guitar shop, he'd have to have power conditioners everywhere.

What sort of genres do you play? You should pretty much scan craigslist in your area... I would immediately suggest Carvin x2112b combos or something but that would be me.

Well, I've been told I sound like The Pixies but more aggressive. Any smooth sounding amp that's got a real nice 90's rock distortion?